Howard Webb and his Cabal of Cunts

Was there objections to the goal on the pitch last night or was the check 100% VAR instigated?

Instigated by what I seen.

Yeah and I’m sure the refs are smart enough to figure out when a player has “accidentally” handled it :joy::joy:

2 Likes
1 Like

I bet you the geniuses up in the VAR studio didn’t even see this second angle before moving on, yet they had no trouble reviewing the red and reversing that. I guess they can actually focus when it comes to getting decisions right for certain sides, but not others.

4 Likes

Fucking prick head Kevin Friend on Var screwing us again

Not fit to referee

Ref should’ve given it too

Cost us 2 points

1 Like

I have no issues with the red being rescinded. It hit his shoulder and they immediately fixed it. That’s how it should work.

What’s annoying is that they can’t get the other stuff right.

1 Like

I’m honestly glad it wasn’t given. I hate the hand ball rule. Just kicking into someone’s hand for me is such a weak way to give a pen. The doods hand is in a natural position, it’s there before Pepe even kicks the ball. Maybe by the letter of the law it’s a pen but that’s a bad rule if so.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t understand how that handball wasn’t given. I know it’s close but the ball wasn’t aimed directly at the hand, it was clearly swinging in the way of the ball.

Absolutely ridiculous decision, there is just no consistency

4 Likes

That’s my point exactly. They can get the decisions correct for other sides but not for us it seems. We’ve had way too much of this now in recent times.

2 Likes

Their player clearly sticks his arm out and moves it to block the ball

A penalty under any version of the hand ball rule

2 Likes

ESR getting hit red canceled was similar to this in my book.

I wish there was more transparency on what exactly they’re looking at and if they have every angle. I really don’t think this system works well with a single VAR.

Either let the on field official review the footage pitchside or do it like baseball with a three VAR panel voting.

I know we shouldn’t be relying on penalties to beat the likes of Burnley, but that was a fucking appalling decision. The more I see it the worse it gets!

3 Likes

I honestly think its gotten to the stage where they can’t be trusted to do anything properly.

I’m gonna do a cardio workout now to try and work off my fury

Refs cost us at least 7 points in last 6 games alone

No chance of a top 4 with that now

3 Likes

:joy::rofl: Me to. Fucking fuming man.

1 Like

It was funny when it happened to Spurs in the UCL final though :mustafi:

2 Likes

Biggest issue is the consistency. I’ve seen that given for United earlier in the year lol, VAR and the refs are beyond bad. I don’t like the rule tho.

Will the FA address how bad it’s been? I feel like after Mike Dean revealed he’d had death threats there was a lot of “oh we can’t criticize the officials” which is just crazy.

Mike Dean is not good at his job. It should be okay to say he’s not good at his job. But I think the FA and the Ref’s Association really need to fix things. Every aspect of the game has gotten faster and better and more athletic…except the refs.

3 Likes

Refs are being over worked this season on this stupid schedule this season.
There fitness is being tested to the max. You’ll get tired refs like jaded footballers making mistakes.