Howard Webb and his Cabal of Cunts

1 Like

Such bollocks.

2 Likes

They dished out a punishment…thank fuck

The article and quotes in no way read as if it’s a punishment.

2 Likes

Oh, I didnt click on it, its the dailymail haha my bad.

Then I agree, such bollocks.

2 Likes

Saka is looking for the contact tbh, his left leg goes searching for the defender. It’s not natural for him to splay his leg out like that and he was already going down.

One thing I will say though, the opposition team in the same scenario gets given the pen 9 times out of 10

4 Likes

I don’t mind it not being given in the abstract but once the ref blows for a penalty it’s only supposed to be overturned if VAR identifies a “clear and obvious error.” I really don’t see how that standard is possibly met here.

VAR is a joke. There is no consistency at all in terms of when it gets called upon, then when it’s used the standards that exist on paper seem to selectively go out the window.

6 Likes

I don’t know the specific rule, but it seems like they’re using a loophole here with VAR getting the ref to review it (which basically says to the ref that VAR thinks the decision is wrong).

And then when the ref changes his decision they claim that that wasn’t VAR overturning it because the ref made the final decision. The replay should only be shown to the ref if its a clear and obvious error which in this case it mostly certainly wasn’t…

2 Likes

I can remember one commentator saying “referees are encouraged to watch the replay in real time if called over to the monitor”.

There is no way Saka’s first pen is being overturned if watched in real time

3 Likes

Yep. Again the rules around how VAR gets invoked or involves itself in the match remain completely ill defined and they will continue to be so.

We’ve seen united get that penalty about 20 times in the last 2 years. It is bullshit to start overturning them now.

3 Likes

We all know why this one was overturned yesterday :roll_eyes:

Because saka trailed a leg didn’t get the contact he wanted and kicked the floor. Correct.

3 Likes

We’ve got competition.

1 Like

Just ditch the fucking thing and be done with it. More problems than it’s worth.

4 Likes

I’ve seen many suggesting a sarcastic clap which I’m all for. Either that or just give them clap since they’ve been fucking the teams for long enough.

1 Like

Nah

2 Likes

So you expect these people to make better decision in real time when they can’t make one with slow motion?

Wait, this is real and not a joke?

2 Likes