Miguel Almiron

Except he looks shite

We need another CM and wing attacker but rather we get Bailey or Pavon or one of a few other targets. If we’re persisting with Xhaka, maybe Torr, Xhaka, AMN, El Neny are enough for 2 spots behind Ozil, but I’d rather see more upgrades there regardless of Ramsey situation.

1 Like

Oh well in that case he’s exactly a Wenger transfer.

he looks kinda good in this video

if he can pull off some of this stuff in the EPL i think he would be worth a punt

Technically he just doesn’t look talented to me. It’s a highlight clip where there’s footage of him dribbling and then they don’t show the end of the move because he’s obviously cocked it up.

The long shot goals look good until you realise there’s no pressure on him at all and he takes 4 shots per game so he must be skyrocketing it most of the time.

There’s so much time and space in the MLS that he wouldn’t get in the PL

Anyway hasn’t he just got a serious injury?

I think you’re off a bit. Almiron doesn’t sky many shots. His strengths are passing in close quarters, pace and his left foot.

The injury is considered a “minor” hamstring issue, with him expected back for the playoffs.

As I posted earlier, the real concern with him would be the more physical nature of the EPL. Also, I’m not sure how he would be primarily on the wing. And yes, the EPL would be a leap up. He’s intriguing at age 24 and I think that he’ll get a shot in one of the euro leagues, even if he isn’t what Arsenal needs and certainly not at the price it would take to get him.

Here’s the ATL prez quashing the rumors:

1 Like

Reports in Argentina says that Atlanta close the deal for Pity Martínez, who plays a similar position to Almirón. Just saying…

Yeah, it’s done.

Is it done? I thought I saw something saying Atlanta hadn’t received any serious offers for him.

River Plate’s Martinez mentioned being off to Atlanta within the last week (for 17 million or so) after a club cup deal and he plays a similar position to Almiron.

1 Like

Welcome to Arsenal! :joy::ok_hand:

Loan FC :unai: Pretty embarrassing really. Anyone would think we’re about to go into administration based on how tight we are!

4 Likes

Its indicative of how much we wanted the players involved, Almiron, Suarez etc.

If it was a huge deal available that we really wanted we’d have found the money, I really believe that

2 Likes

According to a few sources FFP or whatever wouldn’t allow it

Almiron looks shite anyway tbh

He was MOTM at the weekend for Newcastle, he makes such a difference to that team – creates a much needed link between the forward and midfield. He created so many chances. Think I saw a stat that no Newcastle player has created as many chances in a single match since the start of last season.

Granted it was only against Huddersfield and who knows if he’d be good enough for a top 6 side (probably not) but so far he hasn’t looked shit. Newcastle fans love him already.

Looked really good for Newcastle so far and is getting praise whenever his name comes up. He definitely looks promising.

I know you’re joking but the whole loan approach is just smart business

I don’t believe we wanted him.

So far he’s looking like money well spent though.

1 Like