Mesut Özil

Somewhere up north on a Wednesday night.

Flawed no doubt but a majestic player in his prime, saw the game in a way you just can’t teach.

3 Likes

One of the greatest playmakers of all-time.

3 Likes

Mesut could only play as a #10. He did well to stay relevant for so long with all the new gen coaches that made pressing their M.O. In a perfect world he’d had drop deeper to perform a similar role to De Bruyne.

Tbf we only made him play when he felt like it.

6 Likes

I remember being in awe of this display. You had all the narrative buildup to the game because Arsenal was playing like shit. People were doing the Ozil is a talented player but…

This performance shut a lot of people up. He was magnificent on the day. The kit adds something to the viewing pleasure too

3 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, this game was proper dead, man. We had nothing left to play for in the league.

Nah, you’re mistaken. This game happened around October/November time. We were still in the top 4 race but had just experienced a sketchy start to the season.

It may have been our first win away from home that year. One of the few

1 Like

Ahh fair enough.

I’m thinking of one where Iwobi scored. Total dead rubber game. Had nothing to play for and the commentators were crowing over us

Sounds like you’re thinking of the Crystal Palace game in January. We raced into a 4-nil lead in the first half. Not necessarily a dead rubber either mind you

2016 dude. Went out of the FA Cup and CL earlier. Such a shit game.

1 Like

Ozil was just outstanding in his first few Arsenal years…
Fans were pissed just because of his last 2-3 seasons.

2 Likes

I think Ozil was outstanding in the 17/18 contract year. He was playing like he was untouchable and no one could touch him. He wasn’t creating bucketloads of chances like in 15/16 but he had the finesse, style, and execution. Underrated season.

1 Like

*for a new contract

1 Like

It ain’t for everyone.

2 Likes

What’s all this?

Making fun of Kevin for never really doing it for his country.

1 Like

why are we resurrecting these damn threads

1 Like

mesut

1 Like

I don’t get it.