Mesut Özil

In the lead up to his contract renewal Ozil was playing great football. Post-contract would be more accurate.

2 Likes

One more to the AKB count :chart_with_upwards_trend:

I’m no AKB. Just despised the way he was hounded out. A lot of our fans are toxic.

9 Likes

Nah mate. The direction this club was going was visible, it could be argued, a decade prior to Wenger’s hounding out. He was the man who had to make sure the club doesn’t go in that direction, but he let it happen. Even the walls in his cabinet were telling him that this was the direction the club was going, but Wenger was playing deaf and protecting the owners paying him a nice, hefty salary and granting him total comfort and liberty to play out his little projects.

He had to go. He was too proud to leave peacefully and in dignity, hence he needed hounding out.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s surprising that the mood in some sections of the fanbase can become toxic when fans are charged the highest prices in the world for a distinctly average product.

If you rinse the fans like that then you should expect them to be unforgiving when things aren’t up to scratch.

3 Likes

Fair. However we are worse off now. Where are the protests? Need that same energy.

2 Likes

You’d have to hope it’s right around the corner.

His first touch creates more scenarios than the bums we have right now who take light years to see an opportunity and then pass sideways.

2 Likes

So apparently he’s in talks to make a documentary about what happened in his final years at Arsenal. :grimacing:

Ok, now even the Fener players are mocking us…

2 Likes

The fake hard man cannot live up to what he said, and the expectations.

Totally deserved

1 Like

Interesting.

By which I mean I couldn’t give a fuck.

2 Likes

Could be an eye opener as to what went on behind the scenes :grin:

Whatever went down Özil stopped caring about his career years ago. He ended up at Fenerbahce ffs. Yet deluded fanboys on Reddit and Twitter act like PSG, City and Bayern we’re after him :joy: He ended up at Fenerbahce. Let. That. Sink. In.

5 Likes

I think if he goes on a free whenever his contract was originally meant to expire, 2017 or 2018, then he gets a much better club. The last couple of years did him no favours and at his age it’s clear to see his best days are long behind him.

Exactly, yet some still think he was a superior footballer when he left us. And still is.

4 Likes

Funny thing is he’d probably still be one of our best, most creative players. Let that sink in. Shows the decline of our quality under this manager and in the final third.

2 Likes

When he left, he was still superior than some we had.

You’re missing the part that he’s a boyhood Fener fan…

So much of a fan that he didn’t want to terminate his contract, but happily let us pay his wages.

1 Like