Mesut Özil

Um yeah there’s a ton of them on Twitter. I know y’all were about 6 months behind me but these doods are a whole new level :joy::joy:

Twitter people aren’t real people.

8 Likes

Footballing reasons.
Apart from couple of months when ESR & Odegaard steadied the ship, we never looked like we justified the omission of Ozil.

Ozil doesn’t score, doesn’t assist anymore. Well how many did our midfielders manage?

2 Likes

The Ozil dropping might have been bigger than Arteta , I feel.

Political reasons over footballing reasons, yes, but I think it was the top brass at the club coming to some sort of financial agreement with Ozil on the premise that he keeps scrum and doesn’t represent us on the pitch any more.

Given how outspoken that cunt Ozil is, I’d say that’s more likely.

2 Likes

Fuck Mesut Ozil. He wasn’t the answer to any of our problems. I don’t care why he was dropped, including him the last 18 months he did play never solved anything anyway.

5 Likes

Arteta prefers Xhaka and Elneny to Ozil and Guendouzi.
Just look where it got him.

3 Likes

From August to the middle of November we didn’t play an attacking midfielder. Our offensive output was absolutely anemic. Once ESR started playing and linking midfield to attack we actually got better and pulled out of the relegation zone. Thats 4 months of games just thrown away by Mikel, Özil very well could have been the difference in playing European football next season.

3 Likes

Cos Emile gives a shit mainly.

Özil was our biggest chance creator at like 3.1 per 90 the previous season tho…as much as u think Özil didn’t give a shit he was our biggest creator and then he was just gone and not replaced for 4 months.

3 Likes

But but those chances he created didn’t end in assists dude so it means nothing, if our hacks can’t finish them then that’s Mesut’s fault.

3 Likes

Ozil was feeding xG exceeding Auba and still only 1 assist :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ozil is at 49% now, he really is gargantuan over on Twitter.

Nah he’s legit better than all of those options, and more.

2 Likes

Has to be Frank

1 Like

Ramsey should be there as our rep tbh

And be getting that percentage

4 Likes

Besiktas took a bad defeat at Galatasary. 2 point lead from Fenerbache and 3 from Galatasary. Two games left.

1 Like

Ozil finally got an assist but Fener lost, Besiktas too. :grimacing:
Gala overtaking them for 2nd place.

4 Likes

That pass is worth 2 assists, absolutely elite.

8 Likes