Mesut Özil

Alexis Özil Ramsey

All gone on frees

That was our three best players once. Absolute banter

8 Likes

Gunnerblog puts my feelings on the situation best.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Arteta still wouldn’t pick him.

3 Likes

Absolute mismanagement.
If the transfer control wasn’t taken away from Wenger, this wouldn’t have happened.

Or maybe Ramsey would also have received a contract which would have been worse.

1 Like

Alexis didn’t leave for free though, he left in a swap deal. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Fuck this. We had both players at their peak years. That is what you want, don’t you? The fail in this is that we haven’t properly build around them. Are we fucking Ajax or Arsenal?

Wouldn’t we all have loved it if Sanchez and Ozil left us on a free with the 15/16 title won?

2 Likes

Yeah he left on negative

1 Like

Wenger effect

Sven effect

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes

Well said Guillem.

Piers Morgan is the embodiment of the dumb ass fanatics who have some sort of stupid bias towards Arsenal as a football club. Just because u were brainwashed to support a certain club in your youth doesn’t mean they are some type of infallible entity that must be defended at all costs. Arsenal is one of the worst run most inept football clubs in the world, when there are issues you can assume it’s because the club are filled with a bunch of classless know nothing cunts as opposed to blaming any of the players imo.

9 Likes

Nice deflection on you getting Ozil reelection to the team wrong.:wink:

2 Likes

Lol yeah I mean silly me being logical and calling out what was best for the team. Arteta’s idiocy knows no bounds :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Well tbh @Stroller you fit a4tt’s description perfectly

Not really because I don’t avoid criticising the club , players, managers etc.
You and certain others blindly follow individuals. So the definition of fanatics is more on you guys.

8 Likes

I think there are bits of both, mate. The club hasn’t showered itself in glory by constantly omitting him from the team and not letting him know why, let alone us (although I can’t see why they’d ever want to tell fans about an internal dispute, anyway. That’s unheard of)

For the most part, Ozil hasn’t done himself any favours here. From being absent due to mystery illnesses and putting in some abject performances under Wenger, to falling out with Emery and now this (whatever this is) under Arteta.

It’s suddenly given us this romantic narrative that if Ozil had played, everything would be OK and we’d be winning. It just seems convenient to say that.

I, for one, am glad to see the end of this. Hopefully it means we can draw a line under it and not ridiculously revisit it as some posters have done with the likes of Giroud, Gnabry and Walcott for example.

They’ve gone. They’ve moved on. Let’s move on, too.

2 Likes

Never seen that happen during the whole Ozil saga.

I am not that much of a fan of Ozil but I am with Ozil during the whole saga while acknowledging that he must have done his bit as well.