Mesut Özil

Whats embarrassing is having a world class player not playing and not communicating to the fans as of why…

2 Likes

Citation needed

2 Likes

I suppose you have not see the compilations.

No seriously, Mesut is probably the most skillful player we have in the squad.

Some clarity to why he’s being left out is needed.

Hope hes in the squad

Fk u Arteta if hes not

He won’t be in this squad or any PL squad this season.

1 Like

He’s never going to play for Arsenal again.

1 Like

You were first to deduce that he was never going to feature for Arsenal again and you were first to be absolutely right.

Let’s just accept this reality as disappointing as it is and move on.

Already confirmed he isn’t in the squad.

1 Like

If he’s left out of the PL squad does he even technically still have a squad number? :thinking:

3 Likes

Good question. I also wonder if you can have a different number for Europa League and Premier League.

In some cases yes. If you sell a player with number 10 the PL you can give it to a previously unregistered player (or a newly bought player). You can however not switch numbers during the season if you’ve already been assigned one.

UEFA are stricter. You can not use the nr 10 if someone in the squad already have played a Europa game in it. Remember this happening to Ibrahimovic at PSG in his first season. He could use the nr 10 in the league but used nr 18 in the CL.

1 Like

Ozil would do x10 better than Willian at false #9.
He even fills the corner kick taker merchant role.

3 Likes

No @GC-Maniac mate

Just don’t

2 Likes

Keep winning and doing good, no Ozil questions.
Keep losing, please expect them.
Especially when I have semi retired looking Willian walking around the pitch with his belly out not being able to string a pass.

4 Likes

OK to bench Ozil but Willian is a fucking wide player.
Why the fuck we have to put him to that position in the beginning?
Willian was not a well know chance creator but then our formation needs a creator in central, Arteta just filled it in by anybody.
Anybody but not Ozil.
Can’t we change the formation a bit???

I’ve goto say Ozil would of been a much better option off the bench than Laca or Nketieh. I don’t think he presses from the start the way Arteta wants but even then we create next to nothing so there’s trade off.

2 Likes

It annoys me that it’s politics as the reason this man isn’t part of matchday squads, anyone that thinks otherwise is dreaming.

4 Likes

more like denying the self consciousness.

Amazing football that night, from the whole team.

If we are gonna just sit back and counter i don’t understand why you wouldn’t play Mesut and let him feed Auba and Pepe when we get the ball on the counter. That would be much more effective than Willian.

2 Likes