Mesut Özil

Yeah thats what I said at the start. He’s not very good definsively but he at least puts pressure on opposing players, runs with them instead of standing still and watching them run past. That automatically makes him a better option than Xhaka.

And as far as offensively why all of a sudden are u making him out to sound like he used to be Messi and he no longer tries? Ozil has always been pass first.

We’re agreed, he’s always been a lazy cunt. You’re low bar of Xhaka shows we can agree we both rate him as shit

Nah he’s an attacking player. If you look at his movement and sprint stats he’s on par with our forward players and he covers more space than anyone on our team most of the time.

Dont abuse the words “lazy cunt”.

In my eyes, my son is the lazy cunt on the ice. No fucking sprints and never fucking skating in his best efforts.

In my wife’s eyes, I am the fucking lazy cunt. Never do house work, never get my ass out of the bed…

Ozil is not lazy, he is just not a work horse like Sanchez.

2 Likes

Half fit ozil is better than the Chums we have in midfield.

Sad state of affairs really.

We pass side ways for 5 mins then attempt a foolish or a risky pass which doesnt come off 95% of time and we loose possesion. There is zero buildup and creativity.

2 Likes

Genuine question, are you an Arsenal fan or an Ozil fan? Are you an Arsenal fan because you’re an Ozil fan?

6 Likes

4 wins on the bounce and still crying fuck me man

4 Likes

What a baller man.

4 Likes

That time has passed. Only relevant thing about Ozil right now is too which Turkish club we can sell him too.

3 Likes

The last time he actually done something good aswell

This was last season, under Emery. :joy:
He was performing at this level pre-lockdown too.

I don’t think he was as good pre-lockdown tbh.

Just can’t see any Turkish club signing Ozil. Our only hope is the odd MLS or Qatar team, with too much cash in their pockets. @Calum and I know how hard it is to offload Mesut, #FMstruggles :smiley:

2 Likes

Agree to disagree. Goals and assists aside, I thought he was great.
Issue with Ozil is that he will always be associated with goal contributions. It’s why him starting playing deeper will never be received well. Look at Cristiano and Messi, they have a drought every so often and they’re dubbed as bums.

3 Likes

I don’t really care about the goal contributions. It just seems he, or his relationship with Arsenal/Arteta, is so fragile at this point that one minor issue means he is unavailable for weeks. Because he doesn’t want to or his body can’t anymore or Arteta doesn’t feel like playing him. Whatever the reason, I’m kind of done with that. It’s costing Arsenal.

1 Like

No report has suggested Ozil and Arteta have beef. Quite the opposite, it has been reported they’re on good terms.
I think people take the Guendouzi deal and have bundled it up with Ozil. Or people just want to hate on Ozil because it’s become the norm nowadays.

I’m not claiming he has a bad relationship with Arteta. I’m saying he might have a bad relationship. Nor am I hating on him. Like I said for whatever reason I’m done with the fact that he isn’t reliable as far as playing week to week goes. It’s a simple fact he isn’t as available. Not looking forward to lean on Smith-Rowe for extended periods.

2 Likes

Fair.

I think we have to accept no one will buy Ozil due to his wage demands, unless we are willing to pay a percentage of his wage.

I’m afraid we have to do a Mkhitaryan indeed. But I don’t really mind.

1 Like