Mesut Özil

I wasn’t a member of this forum at the time but my son will confirm if you wish.

Perhaps you can also think about the abusive tone/swearing in your response please. It isn’t pleasant to be on the receiving end and doesn’t reflect well on you. It just makes you come across like a moron and it is pleasant to be on the receiving end of such abusive and disrespectful language as well as the assertion that I am lieing about this.

I think you’re a disengenous liar, does that work better for you?

Our whole fanbase considered Ozil and Alexis to be our far best players at the time Ozil signed the contract. To pretend this isn’t true is utter bullshit.

1 Like

Well believe what you want. I thought he was terrible at the time and couldn’t understand his star player status. I’ll start disrespectfully trolling you on your views in future if you like.

No Ozil has never carried the fan base even at his best. He’s always carried an opinion of not giving enough to section of fans.

2 Likes

You’re a liar, he carried us and was our best player for many games. Troll me all you want, you usually come across as completely ridiculous and extreme in your views

The problem isn’t Ozil isn’t a very good player, the problem is Emery didn’t try to get the best out of Ozil.

Same thing happened with Pirlo at Milan before they let him move to Juve

If you want to list our best players from 2015 to 2017 where do you honestly rate Ozil? It has to be 1 or 2 regardless of the criticisms of him

:joy:

1 Like

Ozil’s such a good player we have a list of top football club’s lining up to sign him both before and after he signed his new deal.

2 Likes

Oh are you disengenously trying to change the discussion?

In our team, who was better than Ozil and Alexis from 2015-17? Simple question

1 Like

I’ll admit I wanted Ozil to stay, before he signed the contract he was putting in some sublime displays, like creating numerous chances vs United at the Emirates in a game we lost 3-1 due to have incompetent players up front.

Obviously hindsight it’s proved to be a disastrous decision, due to a decline in Ozil and also due to a manager that has no idea how to use creative talent.

2 Likes

Got nothing in fuck to do with that. Even Raul has stated that he isnt training properly and unai doesnt think it is fair to reward him with game time when the rest of the squad works hard and he does the minimum. What is he meant to do ‘ozil has all the talent but doesnt do the work but fuck you guys and your hard work ozil is the best so he comes above you guys’

Stop twisting things to fit with this emery agenda! You would be bleating on if he was choosing ozil with his shit stats or like 2 assists in like 30 games saying ‘this lazy fucker gets into the squad over ceballos what does xyz player have to do to get a game and he plays this lazy fucker he deserves the sack’

3 Likes

It does have something to do with that, even when Ozil was playing under Emery at the start of last season he was touching the ball around 40 times less per game than he was under Wenger.

Unai Emery has no idea how to use creative mids…

1 Like

I think that is something more to do with ozil not emery he has been poor when given a chance he just trots around the pitch doing fuck all

2 Likes

Ozil has always been a luxury player BUT if our most skillful & creative player can be utlised when we play games shouldn’t he? Regardless of how much better Xhaka does at giving Emery rimjobs and stuff?

I mean: Gouzi+Celeebos+Xhaka vs Gouzi+Celle+Ozil

Which do you prefer??

Problem with that is what is the worst of 2 evils ozils stats for what he is meant to be doing is piss poor what is it 2 assists in 28 games and offers nothing defensively exposed worse than xhaka. Or xhaka who is a calamity but tries somewhat to keep us going defensively but ultimately fucks up. They are both terrible…xhaka costs us with mistakes but ozil costs us with laziness…one fouls and costs us the other costs us by not tracking runners at all and generally does nothing defensively.

2 Likes

There was only Sanchez though as a standout player.
Basically the team had no balls and manager with a dated formula. I’ve always thought the stats on 2016 camouflage a lot of indifferent performances by him.

2 Likes

Whatever you think of ozils performances, his stats were never as bad under Wenger as they were under Emery.

He let Wenger down plenty of times.

3 Likes

He did but he also let him up(?) Many times.

These days it’s just letting us down.

Waste dispozil unit.

5 Likes