Mesut Özil

Jeez mav I didn’t know you could see the future. :gunnersaurus:

3 Likes

So you aren’t 100% sure then

3 Likes

It would be cheaper to sack Emery instead of wasting our most expensive asset. If we could get a manager that would get the team playing through Ozil instead of wing baseed tactics Ozil could get back to 10 assists and 5 goals per season, I’m sure of this,

Well the last manager to not get CL 2 years straight was sacked. Emery failed last year, so will he get more time if he fails 2 years straight? Wenger didn’t and Wenger actually managed 75 points in 16/17, Emery didn’t even achieve that.

1 Like

Any more takers?

Yeah, the bin.

2 Likes

Have a feeling Ozil is gonna turn it on again this season.

2 Likes

Arsene Wenger actually got a new contract after that 75 point season. Whether or not he was sacked is open to debate and interpretation, but it’s really immaterial. The situation became what it became and the vast majority of us realized that there would be no quick and easy fix.

The problem with this team isn’t the manager (or head coach or whatever they’re calling him now). It wasn’t the manager before. The problem is bad contracts and transfer decisions during the time when Ivan Gazidis was running the club. Arsenal needs better players. They also need players who fit Emery’s system. This was always going to take more than one year. It’s going to take more than two years to actually get Arsenal back into any sort of contention.

The funny thing is that had Arsenal won just one of the games they lost in the late season collapse, they would have finished 3rd, been back in the Champions League and everyone would be feeling pretty good right now. So we’re talking about very fine margins. To label Emery a failure after one season is patently unfair and simply wrongheaded. He and the new front office team need to be given the opportunity to rebuild. Arsenal can’t be sacking their manager every six months and expect any consistency or continuity to develop. They chose Emery. They need to give him a chance to succeed and give him players who can help him do that.

1 Like

Ozil has got injury, personal fitness problems and huge motivational problems. He is done now and out of excuses on Wenger, Low, Emery all not setting the team up right for him.
Not sure with half of the Turkish stuff is linked at trying to make a point with the DFB but either way since the WC he has lost focus. Move on.

1 Like

IMG_20190629_125209_6
Good news I found the social club in London and waiting for Ozil to appear

1 Like

What i am saying unless the players do a manu and maureen and we finish in a terrible fashion which makes the management think the players just are not playing for this guy i think even if we are in the europa again they will renew his contract! They are in a middle of a project of building this team to what he wants they arent gonna unduly dump the manager and start again…watch this space barring the above scenario happens emery will be renewed 100% sure of it! Arsenal do not operate in the way of dumping managers so quickly rightly or wrongly so unless something terrible happens he will be our manager!

I don’t know about Ozil.

With the number of players we let go (especially Ramsey), and limited transfer budget for the upcoming season, don’t think Emery will get the players (plural)… playerS, that he wants, to build his own team and get success.

If he fail to take Arsenal to CL, most likely he will be gone.

I agree that I don’t think we’ll sack him and I want him here as long as he gets top four but it could go the other way.

If the board don’t back him financially and we have an underwhelming transfer window, which doesn’t look unlikely, and then finish out of the top four, Emery might go elsewhere and move to a bigger club that are willing to back him.

If we don’t finish in the top 4, then Emery has to be moved on. The only reason it becomes acceptable to keep him is if we see a huge degree of improvement in the way we play next season.

5 Likes

I would be happier if we play well and lose games to be big clubs. It’s playing badly and losing to smaller clubs that upset me. I wish Emery well but we need to see a different attitude from players who wear the Arsenal shirt and that comes from the club and manager.

I’d be more than fine with getting rid of Emery now tbh, I don’t see things getting radically better. That end of season collapse really coloured my perception of him if I’m honest.

But I’m also fairly sanguine about him staying, as I never expected anything else and there is a chance that he could get us back into the CL, it’s not like we were fsr off at all last season.

But yeah, if it’s my choice I’m getting rid and getting someone in who looks like they could be a transformative presence for us, because Emery has never looked like that guy.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The original joke has me in raptures of laughter.

“I hope it’s Flanders!”

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

:grimacing:

16 Likes

Any pic of his dog? I’m going to bring him a ringer

He’s already found his dog so that’d be a waste of time