Mesut Özil

That 6 months they had together was one hell of a marriage. Santi made Coq a better person for sure

2 Likes

Santi made Coquelin a better footballer, a better human being, better in bed, a better astral projectionist, a better fucking everything.

Santi was the closest thing this world has seen to Christ reborn. Obviously, God was reborn on 10 May 1969 in Amsterdam, Netherlands so that position is already occupied. Everybody knows that shit.

2 Likes

Coquelin is doing quite well in Valencia so…

I am not surprised Ozil will leave…
I am more interested to know, whom we will get to replace/reinforce, Or nobody.

I wouldn’t mind it. But for as long as Emery is here the situation will be that only workhorses will be brought back. So, hell fucking no.

2 Likes

probably

No one. This club doesn’t do replacements.

2 Likes

:henry2:

1484001_620x410

8 Likes

When Mesut is at his best, there are few players who are more fun to watch. But it’s become obvious that he is not a good fit for Emery’s system. So if they can somehow make this work, that would be a great thing. Even if they don’t get much in terms of a transfer or loan fee, there will be at least partial wage relief and the distractions of Mesut being in and out of the lineup will be gone.

Fekir has been touted as a replacement and that would be brilliant. But it would give them more flexibility to bring in whichever players they choose.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I remember these two times.

7 Likes

I’d be all for getting 350k off the wage bill. He’s on the decline now, and as much as I’ve loved some of his performances over the years, too often he has not impacted big games. Superstar wages but not superstar performances.

Would be shocked if he goes though. Can’t see any club paying the 2019 Özil what we do.

3 Likes

Your memory seems a bit cloudy. Or at least your memory doesn’t extend beyond this past season. Under Wenger, Mesut was at or near the top in assists and chances created among players in the Big Five leagues in Europe.

1 Like

Used to be my favourite player but honestly his attitude disgusts me these days. Clearly doesn’t want to play football anymore so time to let go.

7 Likes

So it’s official then Ozil has no ambition left.

1 Like

Whatever potential players are being considered to take over from Ozi,l can get to the end of the replacement queue, behind whoever is in line for the Ramsey and Mustafi positions.

You can’t rush these things.
Arsenal replacements are hard to come by.

2 Likes

He has a greater chance of winning a League title with Fenerbache than Arsenal. Who has no ambition?!

Surely his best mate Erdoğan will be a sponsor for his wages

1 Like

I don’t think it will be so much a replacement as a change in system. I think we’ll bring in a B2B type to replace both Ramsey and Ozil and abandon the CAM role altogether.

1 Like

I assume the phrase rental period is some dodgy ass Google translate. I may think he’s a useless twat but we don’t rent out players :grin: