Mesut Özil

Mesut’s back

1 Like

That face.

“So Vardy, eh?”

Giroud’s saying,
Looks like it’s me again.

1 Like

Sport BILD reporting that an extension before Christmas is unlikely and that Ozil wants to extend but if a move to Madrid became possible, he would take it straight away.

Thankfully I think Madrid are pretty well stocked in that department. Makes sense that he’s going to wait a little bit though.

Sounds like such bullshit

1 Like

Lol! True :bellerin:

likely

It also says that AW made contact with Özil straight after the EC to renew his contract and that Bayern aren’t interested in signing him. Sounds like speculation from an unreliable source.

Giroud couldn’t be happier knowing he’s going to be first choice no matter what happens. No competition for this average player. Very frustrating.

3 Likes

A small part of me wonders if the opposite is true. Giroud is a good player, just not good enough to be our undisputed starter, and his reputation would probably be better if his weaknesses weren’t exposed by us relying on him for 45-50 games a season.

It’s clear that he isn’t good enough to start so it does his reputation no good when Wenger. He wouldn’t get so much stick from fans, pundits and journalists if his role in the squad better matched his level of ability. If he was our second choice I believe that he’d rightly be regarded in a fairly positive light by the aforementioned groups.

2 Likes

Fair point and I get where you’re coming from. But footballers just want to play, none of them want to sit on the bench or be 2nd choice (unless paid ridiculous wages which no other team will give them - see Theo Walcott).

Giroud could be a starter for a lesser team easily. For him to come into training and see no new strikers will make him happy inside trust me. In reality an additional striker would make Giroud a better player. He’d train harder and play better. Unfortunately now for us he is comfortable af. His competition is a professional sprinter who cannot make up his mind on his position.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/764016679986667520

No reason to be concerned guys :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hah. The next Wenger gem the Premier League world can quote a year or two from now after the inevitable.

In before Alexis to Juventus and Özil back to Real Madrid. :facepalm:

1 Like

No reason to be concerned hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Alexis and Ozil want to win trophies, want to play with great players, want to understand who will be the manager during the next seasons and want more money. They are waiting to obtain that.

1 Like

Well the 1st 2 things you say rules us out then, winning trophies & playing with great players.

Özil is wasting the prime of his career here at Arsenal.

As an Arsenal fan, I’m delighted that he’s one of ours but it’s a travesty that we don’t have a centre forward worthy of his vision.

He should be breaking assist records every season, he should be unanimously regarded as the #1 playmaker in the world, he should be going down as one of our best ever players…but his output (and legacy) is limited by our inadequate strikers.

He will leave if we don’t match his ambition and quality on the pitch.

2 Likes

It must have been difficult for him last week.

He had Walcott playing in front of him and Chambers and Holding playing behind.

I can’t imagine why he is stalling on a new contract.

1 Like

You did watch the match, right?! :laughing:

6 Likes