Mesut Özil

I thought his job was to give assists.

Looks like Unai and Mesut are best buddies these days. May it long continue!

An out of form Ozil is still better than the rest of our midfield.
I don’t know whether that tells you more about the lack of quality in our midfield or the fact that Ozil is a top quality midfielder.
Probably a bit of both.

2 Likes

Is this bullshit? BILD are saying he’s invited Erdogan to his wedding as Groomsman.

It’s true lol.

The guy is shameless :arteta:

1 Like

Can’t wait for his next agent-orchestrated statement with something like

“I can’t disrespect my family’s heritage by not inviting their dictator to my wedding”.

(Providing this isn’t some media concocted claptrap, obviously)

1 Like

Who does Erdogan follow? We could sell him after all at this rate.

Fuck sake.

1 Like

I will be flappergasted if Erdogan shows up to his wedding. You would think a dictator is too busy for that :arteta:

Some of the comments in the Reddit thread I saw this on are golden. It’s talking about Sokratis, Mavro and Mkhitaryan being pissed off about him getting close to Erdogan who denies the Greek/Armenian genocides.

2 Likes

:papa: I know it’s dumb to get invested in the personal lives of footballers, they’re only human, but it’s very disappointing if he’s hanging out with monsters like Erdogan.

2 Likes

What a wanker. Knew I was right when I was giving him shit for buddying up to Erdogan last year.

1 Like

Sigh

Erdogan owns Istanbul Basaksehir, maybe we can sell him Ozil :giroud3:

3 Likes

He definitely will if the invitation is real. It’s a massive boost to his public image.

1 Like

There’s a deeper, more serious underlying question here…

Will Joey Barton invite Nigel Farage to his wedding, too?

3 Likes

No way, even Joey Barton isn’t that big a cunt haha

Joey Barton and Wenger both managed teams who played at Highbury. Dont think anyone ever seen Joey turn his life round a few years ago like this. Credit were credits due.:sunglasses:

Really don’t get how Western educated people fall for this. But at the same time I also don’t get how Western educated people still can be religious. Indoctrination is a powerful thing I guess.

I don’t get why this is so surprising to people around here. Erdogan of the most powerful man in Turkey and the surrounding area. He’s got so much to offer Özil, in exchange for the positive PR he’s getting. I doubt any of you could refuse him.

Everyone has got a price, given sufficient incentives you can get anyone to do anything.

If I had family in Turkey, I certainly wouldn’t want to get the dictator mad at me, by refusing his invitations for instance.

1 Like

There an NBA player, called Enes Kanter, who is of direct Turkish decent but born in a European country whose pretty much done the opposite of Ozil.

His story is interesting if you want to see what it’s like to go against Erdogan as an athlete in a league with worldwide and strong domestic presence in Turkey. It can get very messy very quick

4 Likes