Mesut Özil

Is this not basically every game at the Emirates?

Extend his contract

4 Likes

Deserves a pay rise aswell imo

5 Likes

Good game from Mesut.

:unai: Do we want to go bankrupt? :unai:

This is Özil FC mate

3 Likes

He had a very good game yesterday, more so for his tracking back and overall workrate. I think Thursday game will be more his game to shine in.

2 Likes

My guyyy :heart:

4 Likes

Do those shirts not say VISIT RWANDA or just me? :thinking:

Think you have the option if you want it or not like the PL sleeve badge

1 Like

Makes sense, I just assumed, probably incorrectly, that they were match worn shirts.

1 Like

:wastebasket: :wastebasket: :wastebasket:

Lol what was so bad about his performance? Passes were consistently on the money. Always there to receive and keep it ticking. Even dropped off to let Ramsey burst forward for counter attacks. Wasn’t a particularly eye catching performance by any means but did his job.

2 Likes

Should be concerning to see Ozil put in a below average performance against opposition like Rennes at home with Laca and Auba ahead of him. He was poor, struggled to establish himself or any influence in the game and rightly hooked off by Emery. Not shocking our attacking play perked up significantly afterwards when we had some actual positive energy and enthusiasm on the pitch

1 Like

That had a lot more to do with us bringing on Iwobi and Mkhitaryan, going 5-2-3 and no longer relying on Lacazette and Auba to play combinations in midfield lol. Fuck all to do with Özil going off.

His passes were nowhere close to being consistently on the money, he gave away so many sloppy balls in the final third, which is unlike him.

Not having a go at him or anything, but he wasn’t great today and we started to carve them open much more in the final moments with Mhiki and Iwobi on.

Exactly.

He made his passes, and his teammates not passing much to him.
We expect him to really create something without having the ball?

Not impressive performance, but he did enough to get a decent grading.
Pressing, drop back to defend, accurate passing.

1 Like

How impressive Iwobi was??

He looked pretty good to me, he doesn’t seem like a deer in the headlights as much now when he enters the final third and he has much more drive about him

Wanted him to help us control possession a bit better, but you fuckers wanted a workhorse, so this was a workhorse Ozil performance!!!

EDIT:

Calma, my fucking leader/captain!!

3 Likes