Mesut Özil

:telephone_receiver: How may I assist you?

8 Likes

53 goal involvements in 83 games :ozil2:

1 Like

I think he will. If Emery doesn’t play him, especially after his performance today, and we lose…Emery will have a lot to answer for.

1 Like

Has he ever missed when he’s tried that bounced chip? He’s done that several times now and it’s literally worked everytime it seems. He’d be better just to do it each time he shoots.

Amazing skill

6 Likes

So Unai was right to give him sticks, as he looks up for it atm.

Imagine how many times he practiced that before and makes it so easy in the games?

1 Like

1 Like

Or Mesut is an absolute lad for taking shit from Emery but being an absolute pro about it. Same with Rambo.

He mostly has (in public at least), but that social media post, timed to perfection after a loss, was anything but professional.

3 Likes

And these days, social media posts are as public as it gets. That was a ridiculous and silly thing that he did.

1 Like
11 Likes

I wonder if he’d have the guts to take a real match penalty like that.

The fact that he does it in one on one situations (with less time to think than pens) indicates he absolutely has the guts.

Only legendary players can ‘invent’ a skill :crown:

8 Likes

I think you’d get a lot more people on your back if you do that in a penalty and miss it, while if you squander a one on one chance like that it’s not really too much of a deal. Plus, as you said, there is a lot more time to think with penalties, therefore a lot more pressure.

The skill is great no doubt.

The audacity to pull that off in such a quick-fire time is unreal.

I’m hoping whatever rift between him and Emery is, has been put behind them now. I’ve no problem with Emery having the balls to cull Özil in situations where he thinks another player benefits the system instead. It’s just moments like that and the entirety of the Bournemouth game really, that make you admire him as a player.

Love him :heart:

4 Likes

These games are what we pay him £350k a week for

3 Likes

Not really. We payed him 350K because we were desparate. We payed him 350K because he probably was already a high earner when we came here so his next salary was going to be even higher. The fact that salary is (mainly) performance related is just LOL. There are so many other factors involved.

We paid Mesut Ozil £350k a week because the club couldn’t afford the PR disaster of losing two star players in the same calendar year. So we buckled because the people behind the scenes weren’t strong enough to make a decision that wasn’t influenced by the fans.

I’m a huge Ozil fan and I want him to succeed. I hope he turns it around after the disaster that has been this season and shows his worth. `

6 Likes

He’ll score the winning goal in the EL final, with his trademark finish :pray:t3:

If I tried to do Ozil bounce, I would break my foot.
Absolute legend of a skill.