Mesut Özil

So you’re contesting that he turned down other big clubs to stay here? Lets be clear on the terms of debate

@GC-Maniac genuinely worth you elaborating, because by no means am I an Ozil hater, I am genuinely a big fan. But I am not buying into his PR game (nor am I taking the club/Emery’s line as a given either)

I just found that well timed Bergkamp quote to be cynical af

Unfortunately, some (if not many) of us believe thats what he meant, and I also believe that.

That’s because you’re an Ozil fan boy with a terrible confirmation bias.

Literally, nobody has taken Emery’s comments to mean Ozil fakes injuries. Your interpretation is wild

If there is a misinterpretation, the fault is on the one who present something, to give impression to others, not the one who tries to interpret from it.

His English is bad or not, how can you ask someone not to get injured and not to get sick?
From other sources, Ozil works hard in training.

STARTED to work hard.

The video below doesn’t even match the quote Phoebica’s posted ffs. Here’s the full quote, direct from Arsenal website

“Mostly, the key is his hand and he is working very well this week and I ask him in our conversations to be consistent, to be available for us training, when you can train with quality and consistency, it can help us with the best performance after in the games,”

"Now, this week is good for all the players, because we are in a big, important moment for the season and I look at him doing the training like we want.

“I know he wants, but we need to be consistent and available in training and the matches without the injuries and without being sick. Like that, we can find and see the best Mesut with us.”

He’s stating what’s required for Ozil to thrive in the 11. ie we need him in training regularly, not out with injuries or illness. It’s never implied it his fault, where have you gotten Ozil fakes injuries from?

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if it is his control or not… if you aren’t reliable, you aren’t going to be relied upon…

3 Likes

That was wengers downfall, he would always say the squad he had was sufficient and he didnt need players then relied on players who are constantly injured it all goes ok then a couple of months later we are playing square pegs in round holes because we have a dearth of injuries in midfield or defence or whatever.

2 Likes

Something wholesome.

8 Likes

I have family at home come on! :arteta: what a comment

1 Like

Nothing to do with his latest social media stuff.
Just sharing my take on Ozil as a human given what others speak of him(Wenger, Mourinho, Ramos, Benzema, even Xhaka recently). The guy has been an immigrant his whole life and I can understand why he may have finally found his home. He definitely isn’t welcome to Germany anymore and the latest crop of Turkish people seem to really dig London. I do think his connection with the team and culture here is genuine.

1 Like

With you on this one.

Haha “family at home”

It’s Bulgaria not Bulgari you Turkish bastard, one is a country the other is jewelry you buy for your wife when you are late from work for playing games with Mo the slow, learn your neighbours. :torreira: :hipster:

2 Likes

Haha lovely vid

He said both so cut him some slack ffs!!!

He said Bulgarien actually which is correct in German, he obviously doesn’t know how to say it in English though. I vow to hold that against him for as long as I’m alive!!!

2 Likes

Awwww Özil is awesome and he’s a gunner. Hope Emery figures out how to use him properly.

He’s also a Madrista, a true fan of Die Grün-Weißen, Die Königsblauen and if he joined Dalian Yifan he’d undoubtedly be a Blue Hawk too.

Ozil is a PR machine.

6 Likes