Mesut Özil

I think “we’ve asked him to be available to us” is about as far as a manager can go without being Mou-cuntish about it… I think that is clear as day.

1 Like

No, every player wants to play, including Ozil. But playing is just 90 minutes once or twice a week. What is less enjoyable than playing is training, which is often done 5 times or more a week, is more repetitive, is more hard work etc. That’s what Ozil has been skipping, because that’s more work and less play.

And Unai is having none of his bullshit.
(at least that’s how I see things).

5 Likes

I could see Emery playing him agaisn’t Southampton and Bournemouth, but I have no doubt he be dropped or on the bench agaisnt Spurs. Emery just doesn’t trust him to put in a shift and to work for the team. Ozil nearly 31, he ain’t going to change his style of play now.

His performance agaisnt Bate was fine, but that’s it. Wasn’t MOTM or really stood out. I know his fanboys would go OTT if we won with him in the side. But I wait until the next two PL games before I see what Ozil is really able to do.

1 Like

Clearly not.

3 Likes

Yeah wasn’t meaning it as a bad thing was just correcting treble :wink:

1 Like

Why do you think so? Because nothing concrete came about in the news? These things don’t just pop off, if Ozil wanted to leave he would get clubs lining up for him. We’re not talking about some bum here.

1 Like

Sure, the big boys came calling for him last season when he was on a free contract, he just loves Arsenal so much he decided he’d rather stay with a sixth place team with no chance of winning serious honours.

I’m an idiot, he posted that Bergkamp quote the other day and after that I should have known how deep his love for the club is.

4 Likes

I don’t believe that Ozil wouldn’t have received offers if he wanted to leave, considering Ramsey, someone who has not performed as well as Ozil, got the kind of deal he did.

2 Likes

They watched the same game but saw different things. Another day of Özil dividing opinion.

There was nothing wrong with Ozils performance yesterday but it was a 6.5 compared to the 6 most of the rest performed kind of thing.

5 Likes

So was he ok or not yesterday?

He was good. John Cross, as always is a fucking little moron

5 Likes

Long live King David.

He was ok, just not £350k-a-week ok.

3 Likes

You clearly overlooked my points. :+1:
Ozil did pretty much everything in his career. Do not be naive, there are players who are loyal or ones that found the place where they click and have no need to move on.

He was still better than players that have been picked above him in recent times, what Unai needs to do is leave the wage out of it and select our best 11, not hold Ozil to a higher standard because he’s on more money.

2 Likes

Some said we freezing him out because we want to sell him.
THAT’S FINE, I am okay with it.
The problem is, are we getting a better price, more suitors by freezing him out? HELL NO.

Some said Ozil does not fit Emery’s plan, did not work hard enough (sounds like Xhaka and Mustafi do), so Ozil was benched.
OKAY, I’M FINE WITH IT ALSO.
The problem is, are we playing better without him? Game play is more smoother? Players pressing more and effective? We concede less?
HELL NO. Our game play was dire, no creativity, and we are leaking goals for fun.

Don’t twist the meaning of what I said.
He was just okay yesterday, NOT our savior.
I just don’t see having Torrierra and Xhaka and Mhki and Iwobi taking this attacking midfielder role makes the team better, any better.

Ramsey is leaving for sure, and Emery still giving him playing time.
Even Ozil is not in your plan and you are trying to get rid of him, AT THIS MOMENT, he is still an Arsenal player, and he is still the best we have.
Deal with it, and play him. Our team and our manager do not have the luxury to play any personal agenda.

If Ozil is lazy, take him out at the 70-minute mark, still better than leaving him out of the squad for NOTHING.

2 Likes

Well if any of this is true, it’s not a case of selling him to suitors, it’s more convincing him it’s time for him to leave and maybe lower his wage demands. Only once that happens can we begin to worry about who his suitors are.

People all over the world know about Ozil, they don’t need to see him play for Emery against Fulham to know him as a player.

1 Like

It is more like “forcing” than “convincing”.
As I said, we don’t have the luxury to do such things, to freeze out anybody.

For whatever reason, there is no winner in this.
Ozil got labeled as the lazy player that fake injuries, the club looks ugly by backstabbing Ozil, and the team is not performing in any positive way.

1 Like

This is not what Emery meant ffs, the guys english isn’t fluent yet