Mesut Özil

Seems to like Auba just fine.

5 Likes

They’re not remotely similar situations tbh

9 Likes

The impression I get with Unai is that it isn’t so much the big players he dislikes, but more so his demands to get those players to play into his way of playing. Even if that means it’s not utilising their core skillset

1 Like

So when Ozil plays he has to show the manager he is wrong about him. He has done it yet.

Bit hard to do that when he never gives him a run of games

3 Likes

He has had it at the start of the season, tbh.

1 Like

Ozil’s role is to make the creative side of our team click(Ozil’s most important ability is elevating the side in general), it’s very hard to do that with minimal time, especially under the volatile tactics of Emery, who 6 months in still hasn’t come up with a solid approach for the team to get used to.
Rambo did struggle as well but he’s not as dependent to the his surroundings as Ozil.

quite rounded and unbiased from gunnervlog on both sides

2 Likes

Mostly agree here. I’m fully behind the executives and Manager in forcing Ozil out.

His social media antics are divisive and counter productive. I think Ozil himself has direct oversight over what come out of his Social Media

What I don’t buy is, the idea that Ozil is a liability for the team in the CAM position.

2 Likes

Wonder how long it’ll be before he loses the players :eyes:

Sami Mokbel, the bastion of reliability in football Journalism :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

The opposite is Chelsea’s dressing room: the players manage the team. Do you want this?

Lol this is nothing like Chelsea Luca

Ok, but you can’t let the players having too much power.

Because he earns too much? Because if this all is not driven by Emery, it’s purely a financial decision. What about respecting contracts like we demand from players?

1 Like

Respecting your contract would be producing performances worth £350k :slightly_smiling_face:

If reports are to be believed Ozil didn’t put in much effort at the start of the season and has subsequently lost the trust of his manager. He only has himself to blame for allowing his ego to dictate his work ethic.

7 Likes

So you believe this is all Emery driven then? Since other sources imply otherwise.

I think it’s quite abvious what my opinion about Emery is at this point and that I don’t really respect his work at Arsenal. I’ll leave it at that I think.

Nah respecting your contract is generally being professional in terms of training, being available and the like, it’s not been suggested he’s not training well or simply doesn’t give a shit. Otherwise I doubt his fellow players would take kindly to it and he’d perhaps incur fines. What reports are you referring to?

There’s a saying that you’re worth what you can negotiate and the club believed Ozil was worth the money in spite of his flaws then proceeded to hire Emery, they’re to blame for this situation not Ozil.

5 Likes

I think Emery operates independently of the board/excutives when it comes to Ozil and his selection in the 11.

If Ozil was the only under performing player under Emery I could understand the criticism towards the player but there are several players, not just Ozil, that aren’t performing to the level expected.
Even Torreira, who had a great start to the season, has dropped off in recent games.

When we see a midfield where Iwobi is our most threatening player you know things must be wrong if Ozil isn’t even sitting on the bench.

As much as want to give Emery a chance, I also want to see him pick the best players, and Ozil is one of the only players we have that can change a match with a touch of brilliance, and even when he has a poor game it is still better than most of our other players.

6 Likes