Mesut Özil

Ornstein saying the club aren’t happy with him and he hasn’t performed nearly enough to what they expect with the money he is on (350k) and some at the club didn’t want him to a) get a contract and b) didn’t want him to get that contract

They thought giving him one of the captain positions would motivate him and they all thought we would have got a good season out of him.

Looks like Mesut is finished here and rumours he stressed rumours that Emery isn’t playing him to force him out as he doesn’t want to leave

5 Likes

Always had a feeling that him not being played wasn’t about Emery being a cunt but more that ozil just isn’t putting the effort in to be in a managers plans

Basically don’t have to listen to the podcast with the amount you’ve posted on it :grin:

3 Likes

Before finger pointing, how many games Ozil had captained for the team, and how were the performance when he was the captain?

He sat out more than he played, and the minutes he played as a sub are almost as much as he started/captained the team.

This “captaincy” expectation is just pure bull shit.

Ozil is what he is. He’s never been captain material and foisting that on him only serves to create a scapegoat for the reason there was zero improvement over last season. They’ll blame Ozil and ship him off to China or Turkey and next year there’ll be another scapegoat when we miss out on the top 4 trophy.

At some point Aresnal fans will stop blaming the patsy and figure out who is actually behind the trigger.

4 Likes

Haha you still should :joy:

That’s why I want all these mother fucker board members to get the fuck out of the club.
They should be the first to be fucking shipped out.

1 Like

There is fitness issues with Ozil and has been for a while. Need to face up to this lads. Looked fucked against Cardiff and had no chance of being able to play against City.

1 Like

The Ozil conversation at Rambo’s thread has prompted a question for me.
Would you sell Ozil to a rival ?
Even if it’s a bitter one(Chelsea, Man Utd)?

No, absolutely not.

Now knowning how cold Ozil market was I wish we could have negotiated a lower basic than £300k p/w

2 Likes

Yeah. Spuds can have him, Hes a busted flush now.

Didn’t evem put them there as they can’t afford him. :joy:
Those jokers probably offered something ridiculous to Rabiot and that’a why his manager embarassed them publicly.

Without hesitation.

1 Like

Why how much do you think your getting for an out of form, injury prone 30 something player here.

Well, Rabiot and Ozil probably will look for something over 200k pw. Spurs can’t afford that.

I have no problem selling Ozil, even if he is my favourite player, as long as he is replaced with a world class one, because otherwise it would mean that we won’t have a genuine elite player at the club.

1 Like

I believe it depends which kind it is. “Normally” you can walk the same day after surgery and maybe train fully after 5-6 weeks. If it’s more then one disc that’s causing the problem however, then a bigger surgery is needed and he’ll be out for months. There’s also a higher risk to damage the nerve itself (and others in the same area). So I’m guessing he has a more severe case of sciatica.
If I was on 350k, in my prime and nearing the end of my career, I wouldn’t risk a surgery until I retired :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Aubameyang is an elite goal scorer ? But given he’s 30 in June that may only last another two seasons or so.

1 Like

Auba is an elite player and the biggest name at the club now.

1 Like