Mesut Özil

Are you saying Iwobi and Mhki are better?
Before this time out treatment and injury, Ozil was still the team (if not the league) best creator and set up man.

What is the difference right now?
Are we sending the message to other teams that Ozil is still our core player and we are not going to sell?

iwobi runs at defenders, ozil barely even runs at all in most of the games for a start. Yes ozil far better quality but ozil doesnt show it. I cant understand how a lot of people were getting upset with ozils lack of effort last season and were roasting him but now emery benches him probably for the saem stuff its all of a sudden ‘ozil is being mistreated’

Benching a player doesnt mean you want to sell and even if you did no one publicly says that out in the press it would be so disrespectful and could cause problems and backlash in the media and the squad.

2 Likes

Your saying we cant expect him to perform now because he hasnt played. Weeks you have been wanting him in.

1 Like

You know why Emery benched him in the beginning?

So Ozil was so fucking lazy that he was not even included in the game squad… then he worked a little bit harder, Emery put him on the bench…
Was it like that?

It is management/manager/coach’s job to motivate the players.
Does this benching method work?

A diamond with scratches is still a diamond, quality is still quality.
Shit is shit (sorry for using harsh words)… you can’t turn shit into quality, unless you are in farming business.

If you played him for the last 4, 5 games, the logical guess is he would have better form today. That’s why we should play him when he could.
What did our manager do?? Not even include him in the game squad.
Great management.

Me in this thread.

5 Likes

so what happened under wenger then…he played every game, but 1 game in 7 he was decent, fantastic management that :xhaka:

Well he got game time today at 2 1 in a big game and done nothing. Always an excuse. Bet your dying for him to play against cardiff. Thats the level where we get an 8 out of 10 show and hes the golden boy again.

1 Like

Yeah, Iwobi had 7 great games in 7, great management

I want him gone, so that we can afford to have a team full of Iwobis.
We deserved better.

Done nothing tonight to say he should get a start over Iwobi and thats very sad all round.

1 Like

But iwobi is playing from the wing, if Ozil plays there then everyone would complain ‘ozil is on the wing complete mismanagement’ fact is in the middle of a park ozil isnt cutting it and is mostly playing badly and against stiff opposition he tends to wilt time and time again and it seems that is the reason why emery doesnt use him much like it or not.

1 Like

Ozil and Guen came on at the same time. One tried and one never. Let me guess it was because Guen went were Ozil should have been.

Yeah, one keeps having loads of minutes and one has a cold stoned ass.

I am talking about the best 11.
Sound like Iwobi was like Marco Reus.
How many midfielders do we have? at least 5 if not playing 2 at the front.
So 5 midfield positions we cannot have one attacking midfield to be the setup man. GREAT!!!
So amazed to see that we are having fluent attack and the attacking midfielders are helping out our defense so much right now.

Absolute horse manure.

Showed in a 10-15 minute spell that he’s A) better than anything else we have, and B) the best hope we have against teams that drop back and defend deep. Was making us tick beautifully in the hardest of circumstances. And he did track back.

Yeah we got countered after Laca’s failed flick and fell apart at 3-1 but that was the entire team done and dusted.

1 Like

Guendouzi runs around a lot sure but to little effect, Ozil contributed to creating a chance.

1 Like

I didn’t see the game but it seemed we were destined to lose before Mesut entered the fray.

1 Like

ffs edited an old post

1 Like

Our best chance to win matches is with this guy in the starting xi.

3 Likes

Not trying to hide it mate. Sick of the drama queen thats Ozil.

1 Like

When he came on he looked composed and almost every pass was effective and precise, which considering his lack of first team football recently, was quite promising.

I agree that maybe his attitude is wrong but we simply cannot let players of his quality go.

It’s not like we are going to replace him with an equivalent player, because when we sell our best players we never do.

Unless we want a team where Iwobi is our best attacking midfielder, then we have to keep him.

4 Likes

I shudder at a team where Iwobi is the best anything.

2 Likes