Mesut Özil

No I’m not saying that. I’m saying Ramsey is not Ronaldo and is not the player who will break their wage structure.

Exactly. If Suarez doesn’t suit us we can send him back to Barca in the summer.

According to reports we are obligated to buy him for 20m in the summer

Really? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Gazidis was in charge when we offered him £350k per week extension and 6 months after that he is not good enough for Milan who are actually worse than Arsenal at the moment, You can’t make this shit up! :man_facepalming:

You can make it up, because that’s exactly what you’ve done!

Nothing said there about him not being good enough, they’ve said it’s about age. When I say “they”, I mean those reports. Could all be total shite of course.

Why would he agree to offer 350k per week to a 29 year old if he thinks Ozilis too old for Milan, When you amend 350k per week contract as a CEO you surely think the player is good and has a good couple of years in him…if these reports are true ofcourse.

Different clubs, different owners, different circumstances, different policies.

3 Likes

The new club Gazidis is at would have to sanction more than just wages, signing on fees, agent fees, transfer fees, it costs a lot more than wages if Gazidis wanted to drag him over to Italy.

Not complicated.

Also, I don’t know that Elliott Management really gives a shit about anything other than making AC Milan as lean as possible for a potential sale. Loading up Ozil, for all of his quality, on 350k/wk doesn’t really make accountants smile.

I’m hearing Monaco want Özil.

2 Likes

Don’t think he wants to go to a team who run the ti si f getting relegated.

Ozil fans need to be taking into account his injury record in the last few seasons. Obviously some have been a smoke screen by the club this season, but not all of them.
Think we all know how keeping injured players has contributed to our demise here,

Set the world on fire again then.

No, Iwobi did

How did I know youd be first to excuse him.

Dude played like 20 mins (in how many games) or so, why did you mock him??

1 Like

He got longer than that and 10 minutes injury time. He came on and done nothing at all. No impact and showed nothing to say hes that interested in being a part of the first team.
For all the faults out there tonight spirit actually wasnt one of them. He never bought into it for me.

I have no problem selling him… do it fast.

It is plain stupid to sit him for a period of time for whatever reason and then expecting him to perform in the highest level with spirit.
It is utmost extravagance.

You put your best 11 out there and lost, that is one thing.
If you try to teach someone a lesson, not playing one of our best players (at least he is the best passer and creator) on the team and lost, that’s another thing. This is plain stupid.

We are not talking kindergarten or boarding school here to teach people a lesson by punishing him, sitting him, give him time out… you don’t do that to damage the interest and benefit of the team, and diminish our chance of winning.

If you had already decided to sell him, not to use him, FINE, tell him, tell everybody, and no need to put him on the bench and give him garbage minutes, or play him when the other team is start playing defensive and closing up all the space and channels.

This is plain stupid management.

but how can you say he is a part of our ‘best 11’ when he plays like he does when he comes on. He just doesnt seem to care…he jogs around doing some cute passing occaisonally a cutting pass but in general his games have been disappointing. Some great games yes but few and far between. All of squad barring a couple of players are far too inconsitentent to be starting for a club like arsenal hence it is gonna take time to sort this shit out.

Yeah tell the whole world we are gonna sell a player…yes see what that does for negotiations no one manager has said they are gonna sell a player.

1 Like