Mesut Özil

every move has a risk, and it depends which one you choose

I honestly think the idea behind someone like Suarez is to get him on a loan and plug the holes for the time being. I doubt Emery thinks that he’d be the long-term solution, although we’ll see if I’m wrong.

1 Like

It’s a wonderfully positive thought to cherish, that.

Yeah you’d hope that someone who has 13 goals 21 assists in 138 appearances or what ever it is, isn’t the limit of our expectations in an attacking sense.

Ozil on 350k for 3 years is 56m. The equivalent of buying Xhaka for 38m and giving him 100k a week. I know which gives greater value to the team.

Also Ozil’s wage is kind of the way things are heading. Ramsey is being rumoured to be offered 300k a week by Juve, Sterling is on 300k, De Bruyne 280k and Alexis Sanchez on 550k

2 Likes

Lol. This is not true.

Be interesting to see how much stick Ramsey will get each week for his pay when he has his periods of being as frustrating as we know he can be.

It answers the question though about why we didn’t keep him. With the stick Ozil gets for his package this would have caused carnage among the many.

1 Like

This doesn’t make it true does it? Dybala and Pjanic are on 6.5/7 million as 2nd and 3rd highest players according to Gazetta, You really think Juventus is going to pay Ramsey almost triple that salary? He might not even make their starting eleven.

Easy to be slightly frustrating for the best team in the country.

Agreed. I think Emery would want him to play him in the right half-space, where Mhikitayran often was. Suarez isn’t really a winger or a midfield player, yet in that position he’d essentially be asked to be something between the two.

I actually don’t mind Iwobi on the left, I think he’s performed better than a lot of our fans feel despite the lack of end product still being an issue. If Suarez came in, I’d hope that he’d be deployed on the right until the end of the season and we could potentially play a 4-2-2-2 with both strikers up top and maximize our quality in that area.

The sooner we get rid of the back three the better.

Sorry, I realised that I didn’t elaborate haha. Edited my post to explain the point I was getting at

1 Like

Always looking on the bright side, eh? :bellend:

No chance. :scream:

Tell him FFS! Fed up with his knee-jerk.

You said being rumoured isn’t true. Times is a pretty decent source and they probably called his agent before running with it.

He’s gone to the highest bidder. Juve aren’t paying a transfer fee for him, so to them it’s his weekly wage plus transfer fee bundled in. It’s the same cost as paying a £40million transfer fee and paying him 100k a week.

1 Like

I suggest you look up the definition of knee-jerk as ultimately that’s you and why you’re banned from several threads.

I stay true to the course with my opinions and don’t flip flop in an in match meltdown.

Nah. Can’t agree with that. This wasn’t happening on day 1. Emery tried and got nowhere. If the extra work is to be believed it seems he’s played it exactly right tbh.

4 Likes

Mate, i find a bit annoying that you always look on the dark side. I know you are negative, but sometimes is too much.

Not all the times I agree of what @Aussiegooner said, but I was in the same boat with him for the past few years… Wenger, Giroud/Sanogo, management, tactics, substitutions, owner, complacency, lack of ambition, no desire to win…

There were a lot of things that not allowing us to be “positive”.

Supposed the appointment of Emery was a “positive” but look how things turn out in just a few months… Sven is leaving, Ramsey is leaving without getting anything in return, injury crisis, shambolic defense, not going to buy in January, and now Ozil vs Emery…

Please tell me, in what way we should be positive?? (maybe because we have Torriera and Guen??)

2 Likes