Mesut Özil

lots of people slamming emery, wonder if many will look at this in the same way as they enjoy slamming emery. Because emery leaving ozil out for no good reason is just fact…so i wonder if this article will be dismissed outta hand because of it being in the mirror but at the same time is just as speculative as people feeling emery is just leaving ozil out just because he can

Petit is a dumb fuck.
Can he speak for Ozil?
Did Ozil tell him?

1 Like

Ron, I’ve not noticed you get very defensive of the German players on here haha. How much they paying you :wink:

1 Like

Retiring? Lol.

I am not against the idea of selling Ozil, for best interest of the club and the player.
It is just plain stupid to “speculate” something that no one can tell, maybe even Ozil doesn’t know what his plan will be… why post an article to criticize a player like that???

You know, I am a long time DFB fan… but I only defend the ones that I think they are worth to. Like Mustafi, from the beginning I did not think he worth 30m+ and he should be gone long before Ozil IMO.

1 Like

what i am saying though @ronniec is that people are happy to speculate the other way ‘emery is a cunt and is not playing him for no reason’ but as soon as someone mentions the opposite ‘the player is a lazy cunt and doesnt want to put the work in’ it is well ozil even with no effort is better than all of these hard workers even though he puts more work on the rest of the team or leaves us even more vunerable at times. It is amazing how no one truly knows the whole story but are very quick to blame the manager and even the staff because ozil spits his pr shit out there but lets face it it could literally be that he is acting like a prick but no one knows. Only time people do usually is after said player is gone then all the other players chime in and say what happened and how said player was a prick etc.

3 Likes

I got your point.

From what I have seen, the amount of people blaming Emery (including me) is kind of the same criticizing Ozil for not contributing and work hard enough to fit in to Emery’s system.

Not every criticism is correct, but at least make a decent one that there is some kind of prove/trend that people can observe.
Saying Ozil is heading to retirement and correlate that to his big paycheck, is pure empty “speculation”, plain stupid and irresponsible.

Anything written by John Cross is hot doodoo. That guy is a joke.

Its essentially because Ozil has an entire fanbase that dogmatically support him as if he were his own club. I honestly think some Arsenal fans like Ozil more than Arsenal.

I’ve said it a few times now, but the very last thing Emery would’ve wanted to do was to come in and get into a battle with our highest paid star. It’s deeper then that and there’s got to be a reason for it. I certainly don’t just believe it’s about “tactics”, because although that excuse works for some matches (i.e. top 6 sides away), against sides like West Ham it doesn’t.

I pray we have some clarity on this soon, because it’s a complete mess.

2 Likes

If Ozil doesn’t play against Chelsea and is fit then there is something very wrong.
There is simply no excuse not to play him after the dismal display against West Ham.

2 Likes

Unless he is leaving in which case it makes perfect sense.

We’re way past that point.

It’s possible but I can’t see us selling our best player in this window.
There is no way we can get a player of his quality to replace him.
When Ozil, along with Aubameyang, Lacazette and Torreira were all playing in the same team, we looked far better so it’s no coincidence that when they don’t like against West Ham, we get such a lacklustre performance.

If we were going to replace him with an equally world class player, I would have no problem with it but we’re never going to do that so he should be played.

Realistically we should be buying players of his quality to play together not to replace each other.

2 Likes

Hes not part of the set up and I think both sides know it and thats why their both being as tight lipped as possible.
Sooner its done the better. If he doesnt leave in this window im sure he will be drafted back in.
Personally be glad to see him gone.

3 of those 4 players played against West Ham (albeit Torreira didn’t start) and let’s be honest, Ozil hasn’t had a good game outside of Leicester this season so let’s not act like Ozil’s absence is the reason for our dip in form.

I think we miss him because of the fluidity he can create in the final third but I think it’s time to cut our losses with Ozil. He wasn’t great last season after signing the contract and has been poor when played this season. And now he’s sitting on a 3 year contract worth £350k a week and that’s money I’d rather see spent elsewhere.

2 Likes

I have no Issue with Ozil going if we spend the money properly, it’s just what I feel will happen is we’ll sign a couple of players at Sokratis and Leno standard but in an attacking sense. Time will tell…

I’m reserving my judgment for now but I have a feeling we’ll have a strong summer of spending and that’s one of the big reasons the club are only making loan signings this month and trying to actively off load Ozil’s wages off the books.

But time will tell.

5 Likes

This gives me hope

1 Like

I’ll be very concerned if our Summer 2019 consists of Leno and Sokratis level signings around the £15-20m mark lol

1 Like

We usually have a reasonably big spending spree every other season but in between we spend almost nothing, so at the end of this season we should see some big players coming in.

But to sort out the complete shambles we are in, having to replace Ozil and Ramsey, as well as get some world class defenders in and maybe a winger and GK, that’s going to cost the best part of 200m.

That’s not an amount Kroenke would even consider unless he was buying a new ranch.

2 Likes