Mesut Özil

Is James famous for hard working and track back?

Don’t kid me… he will be an inferior replacement if joining us.

Not a bit convincing when playing for Real and Bayern, and we are looking for him to replace (or think he is better) Ozil… fucking management.

James may not be the hardest working player yes, but he works harder than ozil and ozil is better at assists but james is also much more of a goal threat. As i said i would like both but if we did get rid of ozil for whatever reason James aint a bad replacement.

Just goes to show how fucking fans are, couple of transfer periods back before he was set of a loan people hoping we would pick him up were gagging over it and were disappointed we didnt pull the trigger. Now there could be a chance we can grab him ‘no dont want he is shit’

In what way James works “harder” than Ozil??
Not sure if you watch Real or Bayern’s game or not, James IS NOT what you think.

looking at him playing for columbia at least he tries to track back and as i say he is good at assisting but is more of a goal threat. As i say i would like him here but not really as a replacement why not have both.

1 Like

3 mil is too much for us :unai:. Only loans in january :wink:

Before the discrimination fiasco, Ozil was one of the hardest worker for Germany also.

What does that mean though? Nothing.

You’ll get a lot of opposition to this but on a creative and productive level I do agree.

Despite all the love football fans and pundits have for breathtaking shooting ability and goalscoring records, Özil’s ability to make the most intelligent decisions, consistently take the best touches and properly execute the right passes (both in early build up and final transition) trumps what I believe James would produce in our team overall. I genuinely don’t feel he would make as big of a difference to our performances over the course of a season regardless of any aesthetic preference.

1 Like

Hahahahaha it won’t be true but I’d be delighted with James as a replacement, @ronniec you think James is bad ? Wait until we sign players of the ilk of Banega and Denis Suárez, then you’ll be wishing for James haha.

1 Like

who says those would have been long term signings, i am sure we will be getting some good players in the summer.

I don’t say James is bad, but he is not at the same level of Ozil at all.
The way he play at Real and Bayern can not convince me that he is a suitable replacement of Ozil.

If Emery really wants to make us another Seville team, then Banega and Suarez are good options (for him, not for me).

1 Like

I’d take James over Ozil considering what this team needs, I’m starting to think Ozil to Arsenal was always doomed to go this way.

James is the type of #10 that scores practically as much as he creates which is very high output, also he relishes big games.

People always bang on about KDB and rightly so but personally at their best I prefer James.

@ronniec James first season at Real was pretty much flawless, sure it eventually went pear-shaped but let’s not act like he didn’t kill it there initially. Also at Bayern he’s had to adapt to a different role and blossomed there, he’s just had a bad time with injuries.

1 Like

You like him better, but surely you don’t think he’s a superior player to KDB ?

James would be a god here. Would be a great signing. What’s his age tho?

He’s on that level IMO yes.

@Calum: he’s soon to be 28 :wink:

2 Likes

I feel like Ozil and James could work on the same team, if you had one them playing as a creative wide outlet ala Rosicky. However for that to work you’d need a much pacey direct winger on the other side like Sane/son etc.

3 Likes

Can’t we say the same for Ozil?
Under Wenger and Emery, Ozil was deployed as wide players in many times and asked to do the work of a real wide player (running up and down) and CM/DM (tackling).
He also had multiple lay off due to injuries…
Did Wenger really put the right type of players, good enough players around Ozil to maximize his potentials and team’s ability?
Is Emery trying to ask Ozil doing something that Jogi Low and Mourinho had never asked, and that caused the exclusion of the team??

If there is no excuse for Ozil, no chance I would give James the same excuse.

That’s a totally different argument.

Sure Ozil has not had the same quality around him that he did at Real, however, he does not perform often enough at the level he should be able to. The type of #10 that James and KDB are are different to Ozil and not primiafly facilitators.

They are proper attacking midfielders that take more responsibility for their team in the attacking sense and also perform in the big games on a consistent basis, if its a choice I prefer this #10 over Ozil’s type (which is unique) especially for us because we don’t have the complete team for him to be the last piece of the puzzle in.

1 Like

oooohhhh :giroud: soooooo he is 27 then :henry2:

2 Likes

Who cares, James wouldn’t fit into the current plans of this team. He’s not a wingback or a energetic CM.

2 Likes

Actually we don’t really need to buy.
Of course, having another good wide player is good…
As far as I remember, Auba, Laca and Ozil together can form a lethal attacking unit, at least worth it a try, a run of games.
Unfortunately they don’t play with each other long enough.

1 Like