Mesut Özil

Unless theres a deal being brokered and nobody wants to risk an injury. What I hope it is anyway.

1 Like

In the short term maybe but it’s looking very likely Emery’s first year was going to be a free season with no real expectations. Long term it’s probably better to start off as you intend to move ahead by setting certain expectations within the team ready for Year 2.

There’s no doubt we’re looking at creative wingers to bring in this summer. So i’m not worried about that moving forward

Agree the situation is a little odd. Seems like Ozil and Emery aren’t revealing the complete truth yet

1 Like

Do you think the guy who keeps saying ‘fink’, ‘nofin’ and ‘we’re fucked’ sounds like he knows what he’s on about then?

No one knows the details of Ozil’s contract, granted. But there’s no evidence playing him will see us getting FFP sanctions

As for you and the ‘fink’ fella having faith in Kroenke and his nepotism…well I’m not sure what to say to that

what so if he talks different to a person that just went to cambridge he is not worth listening to and doesnt have a clue, bit high and mighty of you. So far his explanation of things using actual FACTS is the best i have seen so far. Is he 100% correct in al things probably not but he is correct in a lot of what he says so it makes it feasible. What is your factual evidence as to what you think is going on if you dont think this is right, i am all for hearing it but so far i think whether he talks like a commoner instead of a toff doesnt mean he has nothing of validity.

Pretty much none of what he said was facts.

3 Likes

Over paid , overrated and under achieving modern day player .

1 Like

Not sure how you can say that… you can’t just create additional revenue out of thin air… we are already aggressively doing partnerships, etc. world-wide - we wouldn’t be just sitting waiting around on other potential revenue… the 7% (or 7 million) is absolutely a problem and wages are the reason b/c that is how the rule works (or at least my understanding).

Of course we need more information to assess the veracity of THIS particular situation and what the guy claims, but there are absolutely scenarios where this can be problematic, especially when we are hurting due to being out of CL (assuming fall in match day revenue has to be offset as well)…

Renewing Ozil, adding Laca and Auba, etc. how completely blown our old structure out of the water, and until we get to proper new baseline with deadweight pushed out and we can count on large increase in revenues to offset (this summer), it seems perfectly clear to me.

How is it not, the wages are quite accurate the wastage is quite accurate the FFP rules is quite accurate

1 Like

Yes. Of course. I don’t believe we are in one.

A lot of this comes down to classification. For instance, Wengers pay off likely won’t have been put in the book as wages. Perfectly acceptable to do that just as it was perfectly acceptable for City to classify Mancini’s (or Pellegrinis, can’t remember which) as wages the year before it came in to offer them some sort of advantage there. (People smarter than me work for the club so hopefully someone there pointed this out).

Likewise Ozils contact might have clauses around merch etc meaning they aren’t wages per say. Maybe we’re paying his agent fees etc etc etc. These things are never as straight forward as 13 minute videos make out.

I’m not claiming absolute knowledge here, I’m saying from what I have seen and heard there isn’t an issue here.

And no, we can’t just make money appear necessarily but we have been signing partnerships for fun recently including ten million a year for writing Rwanda on our sleeves. There are enough “partners” out there looking to deal that if we needed a million quid here or there we could get it but obviously other considerations such as exclusivity (or not preferably from the clubs perspective) come into the mix too.

1 Like

Assuming what you write is accurate and he said we’re on the verge of getting kicked out of Europe then the guy doesn’t even understand that there is a distinction between PL and UEFA FFP rules so not sure how you can say that.

We’re more likely to get kicked out of Europe via league positions in the next couple of years rather than FFP :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

2 Likes

The way things are going, we could be relying on Cardiff staying up for a european game.

2 Likes

Hahaha fuck. I think we’ll still be right for this season, we have a sound 9 point buffer on 7th place and teams 7 down rarely go on long winning runs. 60 points will usually be enough to secure European football.

Nah if Wenger can get 6th by not getting any away points in the second half of the season until the last fucking game :joy: Emery should be fine haha

I wonder how damaging being out of Europe entirely would be? It would obviously destroy our ability to recruit but it would potentially relieve fixture pileup.

Im not sure it entirely would harm our recruitment if we go about it ruthlessly. Be a huge pressure for Emery if we fell that low and one im not sure he would survive tbh.

1 Like

I am sure there is more to it, but the fact is we have dramatically increased maximum wages by any reputable source - Ozil, Laca, Auba all making more than anyone else ever, no?

If for some freak reason we end the season 7th behind Watford who are 7th currently. it changes all the time haha then yeah its sackable

All the Ozil fanboys checking the table now. Go on guys, admit it.

1 Like

I am puzzled as to what to think about this whole situation.
Ozil despite having some flaws is an excellent player and an endearing one.

4 Likes