Mesut Özil

I’m glad he was dropped even if I don’t think he should have been because it shows that at least our manager is willing to make big calls for games.

LoL! Basically saying Ozil lack cojones :rofl:

Considering his replacement was Mkhitaryan, the physical intensity or cojones argument doesn’t hold much.

When the choice is to play the woeful Mhki instead it comes across as rather odd.

I love Mesut but does this score happen with him?

1 Like

Massive league result without Ozil. Does this mean anything?

Mesut Whozil?

2 Likes

Lads he is now rested and ready to bring the pain to United

1 Like

To be honest, maybe we play better without Ozil. Ozil at his best is a treat to watch of course, but he can go easily missing too. Don’t know what to make of today’s excellent game and result. We played so, so well without him.

1 Like

Still of the opinion that Özil makes us better when all is functioning correctly.

However, he needs to adapt to Emery or he’ll become a casualty of his tenure.

6 Likes

I don’t think you can necessarily say we play better without him while people are slagging of Mkhitaryan every week.

He probably still has some adjusting to do but I think at some stage this season Ozil will start to look great under Emery.

6 Likes

I think it’s becoming increasingly clear he isn’t an essential piece of this side now or going into the future. Hardly anyone bat an eyelid by him missing today.

He’s a luxury to have and is capable of consistently excellent play

5 Likes

HE won’t press as well as Ramsey/Laca but he will link up much better than Ramsey and control possession better. And yes Ramsey had a decent game today.

:eyes:

Özil always goes missing around this time of year for a couple weeks. It’s definitely strange.

If it’s not a genuine injury, then it’s wholly unprofessional on the player’s part.

Something smells fishy, though. If it’s a genuine injury, aren’t we alerted earlier in the week? If it’s a warming up injury, aren’t we told the same?

I get the feeling we’re becoming tired of this as Arsenal fans

1 Like

Tbh if he’s prone to back spasms they can flair up at anytime without notice, he may have been fine on Thursday as they can flair up very rapidly.

2 Likes

I’m so tired of this. It’s pretty clear something isn’t right between Emery and Ozil. Emery isn’t going to say that to James fucking Olley after a big win like that.

Hes probably just injured lol

Had a real chuckle at this. @Calum @JakeyBoy :arteta:

4 Likes

Nozil.