Mesut Özil

You’re seriously reaching by including a Europa League semi final in your post. We absolutely could have done that without Ozil and would have reached countless Europa League semis under Wenger, except we kept making it out of the CL group stages.

Semi finals of the Europa League is barely an achievement.

6 Likes

:goat::goat::goat:

2 Likes

Still remember that game. What a first assist to introduce himself to the Premier League!

Pires has to be the most underrated midfielder in the history of the PL.

The goals and assists return was out of this world

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

Ozil would rather be balding, on less money and trade in his many titles including the WC for no trophies in the cabinet other than Best Pastry of 2017

5 Likes

Balding :joy::joy:

Don’t forget his putting the pressure on trophies aswell!

2 Likes

This debate is boring. Both are great players to have.

11 Likes

Ozil and Eriksen playing behind Lacazette and Aubameyang.
How good would that be?

1 Like

104 goals and assists combined in 200 games.

:fire::fire::fire: We have been lucky to watch this god for the last 5 years.

We’ve got Özil…

1 Like

Great read.

2 Likes

Paul Merson on the sauce again. Sad news for him

2 Likes

If i got advice from merson i would go away and do the exact opposite.

3 Likes

You really nailed this one Luca. Im really proud of you !

He could be the best darn left back we’ve ever had.

1 Like

What a comparison. They couldn’t be more different if they tried lol

1 Like

It’s funny that he actually has been more defensive, won more tackles than most against Everton I think.

But he gets slated more than ever. Its because his attacking play is actually shite.

I honestly thought Özil was motm vs Everton. He won the ball back plenty for us, wouldv’e gotten on the assist if Ramsey hadn’t ruined it etc. Obv. Cech had a huge game though, but I read some even thought he (Özil) had a bad game, can’t agree there.

1 Like

You could make a book out of Paul Merson’s quotes. To name but a few:

“For this game only, Burnley won’t change their style of play. And for certain other games too.”

“If you’re chopping and changing the team you don’t get that word I can’t pronounce beginning with ‘C’.”

“Swansea’s right-back, Rangel Angel, will be putting the crosses in.”

“Football’s all about yesterday, it’s all about now.”

“When Everton knock it long, they don’t knock it long.”

“There’s enough British managers out there, come on…off the top of my head, why not Thierry Henry?”

So yeah, when he talks, I tend to laugh and place what he says in the “doesn’t have a fucking clue” box. Keep up the good work Paul :+1:

2 Likes

“absolutely ludious” and “he’s like a fish up a tree” are hands down my favourite Mersonisms lol

2 Likes