Mesut Özil

Woow Mesuts english has really improved :henry2:

Nice letter though and hopefully he follows it up with quitting the the german nt. All focus on the Arsenal :hearts:

1 Like

It annoys me that Ozil even has to justify such actions.

“not meeting the President would have been disrespectful to the roots of my ancestors”

Would it though? :grimacing:

2 Likes

I want to see pages 2 & 3 :slight_smile:

Page 2 arrives 2 hours later… :giroud3:

1 Like

Özil spraying shots everywhere.

All valid points especially about that prick Matthaus.

2 Likes

“surely he should be stripped of his honorary captaincy”

Did I miss the part where Oezil was German captain and they stripped him of it because he met with Erdogan? :thinking:

Well if you’re going to publicly meet someone as reprehensible as Erdogan then it shouldn’t be a surprise that people will have an issue with it.

And before we get into comparisons, that goes for other people too, not just Erdogan.

2 Likes

Oi.

Who’s side are you on? :laca:

1 Like

I actually agree with a lot of what he said - especially on the right wing party stuff, just 1 or 2 niggling little things I’ve taken a bite on. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wonder if page 3 will be:

“So fuck the lot of you, I quit the national team!”

1 Like

That may well be what it’s building up to.

He clearly feels aggrieved by DFB.

“Ohne Özil gibt es keine Nationalmannschaft”

Ozil going in hard here I love it

Good decison from Ozil to clarify all those points, i don’t follow german media, but from all the headlines you see shared in social media, it looked like a witch hunt,especially when you see a couple of frauds in that team getting away with murder… here’s to Ozil quitting the NT and focusing on Arsenal, giving us a long overdue stellar season.

1 Like

Well written statements there full of salient points. The suspense is killing me waiting for part three lol

1 Like

Honestly a person with half a brain would have figured that the picture wasn’t going to be well received in Germany.

He’s got a point with the media treatment being excessive and over the top but he’s only got himself to blame for everything else and his statement isn’t going to do anything good anymore.

1 Like

Maybe Sterling should get someone to write 3 pages of poor me. Then again he could just look at his Prem medal and check his bank account and say fuck the lot of you.
Ffs 3 weeks till the start of the season. Do your talking on the pitch and get on with it. Got anything to say get yourself in front of the tv cameras.
Too much of this false sentiment being expressed on social media.

1 Like

Mesut throwing some serious shade! Dayum

I don’t see anything wrong with a response.

Why should he have to keep quiet and do “talking on the pitch”? What does that mean in this context anyway? Will him having a great season translate what he’s feeling and able to express his words?

There’s nothing false in what he’s saying tbh, DFB are full of shit and are being called on it.

2 Likes