Mesut Özil

Of course :ozil2:. Arsenal going full german :kos2:

This January could go down in legend if it all happens how we want.

The Great Wenger Madness of January 2018 where we signed Auba Mhiki and Özil signed a contract extension.

3 Likes

Don’t get my hopes up. I’ve seen how this movie ends too many times…:sanchez2::facepalm:

8 Likes

Would it beat the Arshavin January Madness?

1 Like

For me yes, signing 2 great players and keeping a third would be better

1 Like

That was a madness, but this would undoubtedly be a madder madness if all goes to plan.

1 Like

We have a plan? :grinning:

1 Like

One thing that the press didn’t seem to accentuate on after Wenger’s press conference today is that Ozil will not be leaving this window. He was pretty convinced about it.

I’ve seen a few eye-brows raised over this lately on here so I think we can put it to bed. I also believe that he feels quite comfortable here and if his wage demands are met and reinforcements brought by the end of the month, he will sign on in May regardless of the disastrous season.

2 Likes

What worries me is that any club can come in, at any point, and give him a good offer, boom he’s off.

1 Like

From Ozil’s point of view he is doing the sensible thing for him.

Wait until the end of the season to see if we make any big signings, also if we have CL football and what kind of offer we are making him.

He will have seen what Sanchez is earning at Man U, as well as the massive signing on fee he got, and compare that to what he is earning here, which is marginally more than what Walcott was on.

So he can either stay here if we offer him better wages and perhaps a signing fee, or go to a club that would pay the same, or more, with a massive signing on fee as well.

But the lure of playing for a club in the CL who already have world class players might tip it in their favour.

He could well end up at Man U alongside Sanchez, but if he did, we wouldn’t receive any money or a player in exchange.

Fuck’s sake, I naively thought that now hes gone youd stop using his wage as the fucking benchmark for everything :grin:

So I actually think football is more important to Ozil than the money is, more so than without sanchez. Even though money is obviously a huge factor.

He’s a nailed on starter here with no competition and a big pay rise coming. He would t be guaranteed that anywhere else.

1 Like

Ozil loves London too much to leave. Has also got a cushdy number with us, will always start, can take days off etc. He wants to stay no doubt about it.

3 Likes

Haha that is so true. His fake illness around the holidays.

Why do people say this?
United, Real, Bayern, Barca can all use Ozil as starter.

Apparently Juve are looking at him also. Funnily enough i can see him staying…don’t ask me why but i think he will sign a new deal.

Worth pointing out that in other countries he’ll get an Xmas break without the need for fake illnesses and an understanding manager :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t half the problem at Arsenal that players are allowed to get too comfy? Or is Ozil simply that good that an exception needs to be made for him

I still think Ozil could’ve gone this month if there were half as much transfer buzz around him compared to Sanchez. Whatever the reason is that he’s flying under the radar a bit, I’m glad about it. I think he’s got enough reasons to stay here but must surely be ambitious and will audition us over the 2nd half of the season to see if he sticks around beyond the summer

1 Like

This is not a good sign. be honest.
Will not be leaving this window… how about next window???
Not good

I’d imagine if Ozil wanted out there would be a lot of interest. With 6 months to go on a players contract, you’d think the agent would be buzzing around everywhere trying to get the best deal; but the fact of the matter is we haven’t heard anything remotely solid about a possible move.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Mesut has intructed his agent to put most efforts into getting a good contract here foremost before looking elsewhere.

1 Like