Matteo Guendouzi

Yeah people are right to be critical about some things, but it’s amazing that we don’t have more things to be critical about given his age and lack of experience at the top level prior to this season.

I consider myself a Guendouzi truther tbh, I think he has the potential to be an amazing player if he is developed the right way.

3 Likes

Wat dis?

Where is Guendouzi on here?

Terrible cameo. Don’t want to see him again this season. Willock deserves a chance.

He’s done more than enough to show he has talent, and hope to see more of him next season and all that.

But fuck me, he might be even slower than Arteta was. He always looks knackered even after just coming on the pitch

Overexposed this season tbh, he’s direct backup to Torreira & Xhaka, it’s not even a case of picking the right games for him to play once one of them is unavailable it’s Guendouzi or…Elneny.

We desperately need a elite CM.

5 Likes

He’s 19 and I’m not surprised he’s slowed down a bit. Torreria and he both look like they are knackered at this point in the season. This isn’t a strange phenomena tho in the PL. They will be accustomed to the rigors of the league next season.

5 Likes

he is one away from 40 apps this season, for a 19yo that is something. Not surprised he’s slowed down in the last few weeks, it’s natural and these are the weeks that start to expose your squad depth.

I agree we need better CMs but for me Gonzo and Torreira are definite keepers, it is the rest that we should look to replace. Also it matters how you actually line up tactically to how much you get out of your midfield. If you transport the ball with your wide players and play 2 CMs with one #10 that doesn’t track back too much, you will struggle vs. setups that pack central midfield with players. If we often play like that, wide players that can create as well as track back are more important to get in than CMs. But I expect us to also have to replace players that leave by position to have the numbers right, so if Ramsey leaves and Denis heads back we need at least one in.

5 Likes

Agree with this. Need another reliable starter or two so we can ship the rock out.

Happy enough to keep Tory and Guen as part of our new young core.

1 Like

He is shocking atm. Only 19 and all, but his game is too flawed even for such a young player. Dont like his lacklustre approach too.

1 Like

Kill him

This shows how fucking shallow our roster is

This is how it goes for all the young players, come in play well and ultimately get rinsed.

Bellerin, Chambers, Holding et al it’s a right of passage.

3 Likes

Or how bad the starting options are? Guendouzi isn’t a bad 3rd choice for a rebuilding team.

1 Like

He’s had a great debut season for a 19 yr old to be fair.

None of us expected this when we signed such an unknown.

9 Likes

Lads the Goldielocks Elneny and he’s 20 now anyway. We could do with getting a starter and benching him.

1 Like

Was it though? Was it Cesc or even Wilshere good? Not close. Don’t think he’s as talented as Diaby and Denilson either.

It’s actually been scientifically proved that it’s impossible for any Arsenal player to be less talented than Denilson. :grinning:

1 Like

Denilson was a talent though in terms of his technical quality. He failed because he didn’t put enough effort into his game and put enough of a defensive shift in.

1 Like

That’s what I mean.
He was the laziest, most useless player I’ve ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.
What I despise about him the most is when he said he wanted to leave to win trophies.
If there was a trophy for playing short sideways passes and avoiding the ball he would be the holder.
Not only was he lazy, but stupid as well.

1 Like

This has rendered your post invalid. Should really delete it tbh.