Matteo Guendouzi

Very clearly nothing players like Elneny and Xhaka should be gone. We know their ceiling. Guendo is currently already better than those two with an opportunity to be a top player.

3 Likes

So we are looking at Partey, Ceballos, Guen, Ode, ESR as our midfield options.
What do you think of that?

Torreira too. Those are better options than we have now no doubt and a half decent manager should be able to make that work. Issue is we’d have to buy Dani for about 30m, and would cost 30 or 40m for Ode. Don’t think we can buy them both so…might have to bring AMN/Willock back and use them as cover.

Yeah not really an ideal situation. As it stand, Partey is only legit midfielder we have, rest are either borrowed or loaned out.

1 Like

Our midfield is in a dire state atm. However for me the most important thing is getting a manager here that can nurture our youth players. I think we’ve got some talent in Saliba, Mavropanos, Guendo, Balogun, and Gabi, but the handling of these guys has been shockingly bad to say the least. Saka is an undeniable talent but Arteta couldn’t even see the talent ESR had for a long time before he was forced to use him. Arteta and his love for old mediocre useless players like Willian, Luiz, Elneny, and Xhaka is gonna hold us back as a club.

2 Likes

I am still willing to give Arteta some benefit of doubt because we needed to let go of players before bringing in more permanent members, so the club relied on loans.

Even if there is a new manager in charge, in upcoming summer window, we need to find another first choice midfielder to go along with Partey.
We cannot get back to our old self constantly changing the midfield combination and relying on Xhaka to be our best midfielder in the club.

Yeah dunno how u can upgrade it without spending a massive amount of money. Guendo and Torreira are better options than we have now tho, dunno why the fuck Arteta sent them on loan and kept who we did…makes no sense :joy::joy:. So without spending a ton of money to beef up midfield imo we need someone who can nurture young talent. Osei-Tutu is another dood that has the tools to be good, was solid in the championship before hurting his hamstring, and Saliba and Mav are doing well on their loans… Think these guys could be developed by someone who knows what he’s doing instead of Arteta. We arent gonna spend 200m, and we don’t have much in the way of sales to make it happen either. So instead of signing Luiz, Laca, and Willian to fat contracts spend less on youth and develop them properly.

2 Likes

“Gerbil qualities” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the only centre mid who’s good enough for us when fit is Partey.

I don’t think Guendouzi, Torreira, Xhaka, Ceballos or Elneny are world beaters who could be regular starters in a prem title or CL winning season. Out of this list of also rans I would reluctantly put Xhaka only just top of that list but I have spent a lot of time hating him during his too long stay at the club so that’s a damning indictment on what the rest of them do for us.

Out of the younger ones in this group, Ceballos may develop into something better over time but I definitely remain unconvinced that Guendo is anything other than a mid table team starter at best. If we aspire to staying mid table, by all means let’s have him back but even then I don’t think his stinky attitude is worth having around the club.

2 Likes

Loans do nothing to increase the market values. Most likely Guendouzi will be kept, but not allowed to be in the squad, or sold for a dumb fee like 5m.

Saliba, Maitland-Niles and Willock are also players I can’t see any clubs paying much money for. The first two are already better than players who are starters at the club. They’re also younger.

Where’s the money for upgrades going to come from?

“We may be 11th, and broke too, but at least we now have culture”

4 Likes

Facts. Guendo playing his socks off but being stuck in a relegation side clearly isn’t helping his value lol. When he returns he’s in the last year of his contract so we probably won’t want to play him I assume he’ll just go on loan again. We’ve fucked another one up, we won’t get fair value for him.

2 Likes

Said it…
Guen, Saliba, AMN, Torreira (also Ozil)… we are talking about 100-150million here.
Someone just fuck up our assets big time

3 Likes

Guendo has played pretty much every minute of every match until this last few games coming on as a sub. Looked a lot more fresh today and had a perfect through ball to a Hertha player 1 v 1 with the keeper and hit the post, woulda been the equalizer, lmaoo they are a bad team. Guendo still looking good tho.

1 Like

any idea what happened?

If you include Xhaka, Mustafi, Mkhitayran and the money wasted on Pepe, that has to be almost the same amount which is a total of around 300m wasted because of our ineptitude and indecisveness.

We couldn’t be worse in the market if we put spurs supporters in charge of our transfer windows.

2 Likes

Had nothing to do with Guendo, the ref called a pen but looked at Var and Hertha’s Cordoba had tripped over his own feet, so changed the decision.

1 Like

Guendo brought on at half time and changed the match, were down 1 nil and Hertha won 2 - 1. His ball carrying and passing are something Hertha just don’t have without him. He unlocked their defense and made the pre assist for the penalty that’s gonna win them this match and a much needed 3 points.

2 Likes

Still being sold in the summer

I thought you muted him :joy:

Yup and I’m sure at a very cheap price, and then we will still have Xhaka in our midfield fully cementing our mid table spot. Forhead does love to mismanage our assets doesn’t he?? :joy::joy::joy::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes