Matteo Guendouzi

Wasn’t it mentioned that our players(following the tradition from PSG) were mocking Emery and he knew it himself? He just didn’t seem to care this time around. Probably another sign of his failure here.
I think Guendouzi disrespected in some way Arteta and Mikel made an example of him like he did with AMN and Ceballos. Seems like the latter 2 have turned around but I would presume Guendouzi is more stubborn than those two. Looks like it from the pitch to be fair and also, he knows he has options elsewhere.

Yeah I like the kid also, but ego problems amongst other things seem to be rotten to the core at this club. If it is all true and he doesn’t look like fixing it, then no issue with selling him.

His contract expires in 2022. If he isn’t extending, we may aswell sell now

With more concrete rumours that Partey is coming in, seems like he’ll be used to raise funds. Hopefully he ends somewhere good, and please not to a rival.

well… what serious fault that this kid committed?
Sounds like he is a useless cunt and shag his teammate’s wife or so…

his hair is

It’s probably a build up of misconduct/complacency which Matteo is not learning from.

Arteta wants to set an example for the years to come that he won’t tolerate that culture. Unfortunately Matteo has become the prime example.

It’s a shame, because I think he has talent, and a passion to win which when it comes out, has been valuable (e.g the home games against Aston Villa and Spurs).

We should get a decent fee for him and if we strengthen the midfield (technically and character wise) we’ll move on fine.

2 Likes

It appears he hasn’t been training with the team. What’s the situation do you reckon? Arteta waiting for an apology? I wonder if he is that stubborn, I would have thought his “big brothers” at the club(Auba, Laca, Luiz, etc.) would have talked to him.

No problem with him being disciplined. After seeing that Arteta video and how he’s mentoring the team and teaching them how to be professionals, I can get on board with how he’s handling Matteo. If he responds great he’s gonna be a massive player for us for years to come. If not we really can get 50 or 60m + for him considering he’s one of the most coveted young talents in the world. Best case scenario for me is that he stays. Arteta should be able to really teach him how to play the position, under Mikel he could become a top top player.

7 Likes

Citation needed

It should be pretty apparent if ur a football fan and know the sport but sure I’ll play along.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1482762-lequipe-have-selected-the-50-best-under20-players-in-world-football%3Famp

There’s about a billion of these articles too btw, its not really hot takey to consider Matteo a top talent for his age.

This one has him valued at 70m and only Sancho ahead of him as the most valuable youth in the world :joy::joy::+1::+1:

https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/sancho-vinicius-the-most-valuable-young-stars-on-the-planet/1lrojy2aj0gdl18mxfrb0pc2p4#17axw59mhquss1y0oztgjo52is

Still think it a mistake to offload him. We should double down on him. Give him a year extension too.

would give out the wrong message to give thr guy an extension after the way he’s acted

3 Likes

Set the tone and set it early.

Arteta seems like a “harsh but fair” kind of coach

2 Likes

Whatever he is, it ain’t really working so far… I’ll give him as long as he is our manager, but I’m still pretty despondent about our overall situation, him included.

In terms of results, performance or man management? Or is it all 3?

Well, I saw a stat of the league table from Jan 1 2020, and we were third. Big turnaround.

With Emery, we honestly could’ve been near relegation.

Certainly the first two… there have been glimmers, but we had a few of those under Emery too… I am not seeing anything to be positive about really other than the stuff he says.

Man management harder to judge, but some of his selections and tactical deployment, especially before the break, were awful imho. I don’t get Xhaka at all, but perhaps he at least turns into a semi-useful player under Arteta and I sympathize that we have dross at CM in toto.

The recent contract extensions are a mix of “wtf” to “excellent locking up of talented youth” - the former part of that is head-scratching and the latter is kind of obvious, so I don’t really look favorably there net.

2 Likes

This was followed by Ornstein’s comments regarding a swap deal for him, so it’s not looking good for Matteo.

Apparently the incident was that he was dancing around in training when they were meant to be serious, and he didn’t stop after being told repeatedly.

1 Like