Matteo Guendouzi

Highly loveable too.

Why’s it that much of a surprise someone would suggest that ?

We have an unbalanced squad, a top quality striker in Aubameyang and another good striker in Lacazette, whilst we supposedly have no funds and no wingers.

So wouldn’t it make sense to sell the 2nd best striker to invest in a quality winger to balance out the squad better ?

1 Like

Yeah, but it would piss me off to break a great partnership.

Reminds me of Vieira without the hard core tackling - if he had that in his locker he’d be something !!

Guendouzi would start for Chelsea for sure. He’d be a valuable addition to United, Liverpool and Spurs too imo.

3 Likes

Douzi is still quite a raw talent and would’t start in any of the other top 6 sides.

He’s a youngster with bags of ability, a great engine and an eye for a pass. But he’s still wet behind the ears.

He’d be excellent next to a world class midfielder he could learn from.

3 Likes

He is a typically talented but inconsistent young player. Seen enough players of this kind over the years. In any given season, there is probably 50+ teenagers who are very highly rated (like Guendouzi) but only 5%, if that, go on and reach elite level.

For some reason I just don’t get excited about his potential. I remember being more psyched about Gedion fucking Zelalem.

2 Likes

I love how most gunners don’t rate him highly. Tbh that most likely means he’s gonna be great because as Sol said before, ppl around these parts were excited about baddies like Zelalem :joy::joy: He’s a Sven guy he’s clearly destined for greatness.

2 Likes

Was the half time sub tactical or injury related?

Was dogshit the majority of the game Vs Newcastle.

But then consistently great contributions in the last 20 mins, including starting the move for the second.

This guy don’t know the meaning of the phrase ‘sideways pass’

My fucking boy :wenger2:

5 Likes

Yeah I was watching the Highlights and he pretty much started the moves that culminated in our goals, even the one disallowed iirc. The kid is actually really fucking good.

1 Like

There’s definitely a roughness to him but it’s encouraging to see him actually wanting to be on the ball and moving it forward in an array of different ways.

I thought he put in a decent display tbh, and if he can get away with being influential whilst only pulling off a 6/10, yer cannae ask fer mor than tha pal :wenger2:

2 Likes

people still need to remember he is still only 19…NINETEEN, i cant even remember what i was doing at that age but he is doing really well i think and has a long long career ahead of him where he can become even more influential.

1 Like

Really? Must have been a long time ago then. You must be nearly as old as @Mysty

5 Likes

Whatever performance he will have, for the rest of the season, this kid already earned his right to be a core to the team.
Still not a regular starter, but he should have regular appearance and playing minutes as major rotation/substitute.

Judging by the 79 in his name, I think Mav is quite a lot older than me :gunnersaurus: No one is older than @Stroller though with the amount of birthdays he’s celebrated this year.

6 Likes

Dogshit again today. In poor form recently tbh could do with some time on the sidelines

Torreira can’t come back soon enough, Torreira Xhaka MF pls.

3 Likes

Guendouzi and Elneny was so uninspiring from minute 1. Mainly the ‘Elneny’ part but still.

Guendouzi looks good when he’s alongside someone immobile like Xhaka or someone who surges forward like Ramsey. When he has Elneny there trying to double up on his job running around a lot he looks ineffective

1 Like

https://twitter.com/thedummyrun/status/1116713675388268544?s=19

:wenger2:

Get that Passing accuracy up and :giroud2:

I love Gonzo but yes the last few games his form has fallen a bit. To think though: he turns 20 today, Sunday, and he has 38 (and will likely go past 40) apps in his first season (mostly) at the age of 19 here. To me it says something about his maturity, sense of responsibility, attitude and trajectory as I think he has done well in a majority of them.

2 Likes