Matteo Guendouzi

Imagine if we got 60m for Guendouzi and Rabbiot on a free

I’d sell him in a heartbeat for 40m. We can get another Torreira for 30m and we’re better off.

Would represent the greatest transfer window of the Emirates era on that deal alone

He’s already holding his own for a top club 6 in one of the best leagues at 19. He won’t even have hit his prime in 3 years. The only thing I haven’t seen him show glimpses of his goals/assists and final 3rd contribution. He seems have all the ingredients to make it as a top deep lying midfielder. If Guendouzi doesn’t have superstar potential then not many u21’s do.

1 Like

Really? Personally I think plenty do

I think Guendouzi will grow to be a good and solid player but will never develop into an elite CM. So if we receive a huge offer for him - ship him off.

He’s done very well considering but there’s no guarantees at all he’s going to be a top player.

Will be interesting to see his rate of growth over the next few years, because by 23 you generally know the deal.

1 Like

Well you could argue he’s already a solid CM. Regular starter for a club in the 4th to 6th race in a top league. That’s his absolute floor but imagine thinking it’s his ceiling :joy:

I’m not saying he’s a guaranteed superstar but his trajectory and ability for a 19 year old gives him a solid chance of becoming one. PSG interested in him before he chose Arsenal so it wouldn’t shock me if they come back for him.

2 Likes

Just like Iwobi, I don’t see Guendouzi being a first team regular for the other top sides.

It’s good he’s been thrown in but yeah, don’t think it’s happening anywhere else tbh which is indicative of our current situation.

I see what you’re saying but Guen is alot better at his job than Iwobi, don’t you think?

Xhaka is a first team starter for a team in the 4th to 6th race (is that what we’re calling it now?! Haha). So is Iwobi. So is Mustafi. So is Leno. Etc

Being a starter for Arsenal these days says very little about quality, not sure I’d base an argument around that.

1 Like

He is, my meaning was that him getting this many games doesn’t mean as much as Cesc’s breakthrough or that of Jack.

Our midfield is pretty shit, although to be fair he’s been one of the few bright spots of the season along with Torreria

Selling Laca? Then we would have to rebuild our attack as well.

Wishlist Football Manager type stuff in all honesty though

Well it’s not just that. Mustafi and Xhaka are both in the prime of their careers and routinely stink it up. Guen’s actually been one of the better players in the team with his ball progression, tackling and interception numbers all quite solid.

1 Like

The 60m price cannot be true. Guendouzi will never cost that much in his career (in today’s money).

But if it’s true, we should make the deal.

Good, it needs to be rebuilt. Sign a #10 and RW to go with Iwobi on the left and Auba CF.

1 Like

Guendouzi has the potential to be in the elite at the #8 position. There’s a reason a kid from Ligue 2 with ‘attitude issues’ gathered attention from Arsenal, PSG, Spurs and City. Then Arsenal was more than happy to give a fee of around 10m to acquire his services. Add to that how he came in and gelled instantly, broke into our team and even started the game against City in our first PL fixture this season. The standout quality about him is how effortless it is for him. Never panics and doesn’t lose his urgency. He has a great disguise and his balls at times are absolutely splendid. Still rough around the edges but he is gonna get there.

We should absolutely try and keep him the next couple of seasons. Obviously you can’t say no to a crazy offer but I don’t even think he wants to go after hitting his stride here.

3 Likes

It would definitely represent the greatest transfer window of the Emirates era on that deal, If we then spent the 80m we made from Guendouzi on a top quality CB and winger :grinning:

I’d say it’s the total opposite, his hair makes him highly identifiable.

2 Likes