Matteo Guendouzi

I would absolutely sell him for £60m, 100%.

Play hardball and get £70m for him, is what I’d do.

I’d love to keep him, but the club has proven so inept at contract negotiating that we might as well get £60-70m now rather than letting him go for free in 5 years time or letting him for £20m in 4 years time in a January transfer window.

10 Likes

Like him but if someone is willing to pay 60 million, you sell. This obsession with “reinvesting” is moot - we have a pool of money NET to spend, you sell players and you have more you can potentially spend. We have spent NET a ton of money in the last 5 years, so stop worrying about this phantom “stockpiling” of cash on sales of players.

If we can offload Ozil and Guen for 60 million, getting their wages off books - lose Ramsey, Welbeck, et al for more wages off books, plus a couple of other strategic/smaller deals (jettison Moose to the moon), we should bolster whatever budget we purportedly have for summer and also give us massive wage flexibility to add free signing or two. Need to find buyout clauses that work for us, get an out of contract or two, give chances to Nelson and ESR, Mavro and Medley (at least to get some squad time), and then pounce on a couple of young budding superstars (Havertz?).

I honestly hate the idea of selling any young player who looks promising right now, but our squad situation is such a diabolical mess, if someone is willing to massively overpay, you gotta do it.

1 Like

I’d be amazed if PSG or any ither club were prepared to pay £60m for him

4 Likes

Also don’t forget, Guendouzi might end up as fucking Walcott where it just ends up as a sunk opportunity cost in which that money could have been invested much better.

2 Likes

yeah I would virtually guarantee that article is total bullsh*t. PSG are going for a tier or two above Guen, even at ages 18-21… and I like Guen as a nice, developing player who could turn into something very useful.

I’d sell Özil and / or Mikhtaryan before him but he’s probably going to become our star asset fairly quickly, so yeah £60m would be difficult to turn down. That’s what 2nd tier clubs do when the big boys come calling

This is such a bullshit rumour lol.

As much as I like him he’s done fuck all to be going for even half that money.

7 Likes

Metro. Enough said.

1 Like

I agree but the inflation in football transfers really counter the argument.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if we were able to get £60m for Guendouzi’s potential.

3 Likes

Our board and owner have made it very clear that we are a 2nd tier club who need to make ends meet in whatever way possible.

2 Likes

Neither would I, but not at this stage.

I can see this rumour resurfacing in the future, I do believe PSG used to always have problems with having a sufficient french players (HG Rules in the CL).

It’s a stupid rumour but if it were true the club would sanction the sale in a heartbeat, have no doubt about that.

We don’t have any players worth 60m so if anyone wants to pay that for one of them we should take it.

In euro please though as it will be post Brexit :sunglasses:

1 Like

2 Likes

Keep the kid with superstar potential. If we want to raise funds to fast track the rebuild of the squad then Lacazette and Xhaka are the ones we should be trying to sell imo. Maybe £40-45m for Laca and £20-25m for Xhaka.

5 Likes

Really pissed off we didn’t seem to be in for Evan N’Dicka when I think right there is a really special young talent.

1 Like

When you look at some of those names amongst Guendouzi, something tells me we might actually see an opportunity to get some serious dough for him if the demand is there.

I’m talking the sort of sums that even I’d find hard to resist seeing how much I love him.

That would depend on whether you think Guendouzi has the potential to be a superstar.

I like bits of what I’ve seen but I wouldn’t say that I think he’s likely to be a superstar, could be me engaging in semantics, but that seems a bit of an overstatement to me.

It seems like a nonsense rumour to me, but I’d snap PSG’s hands off for 60 million, I think it would be mental not to.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s good money and a difficult decision to make. He’s comfortably the best young player we have at the club, so we wouldn’t want to be giving him away easily.

This is all assuming the rumour is infact true.