Matteo Guendouzi

I mean what’s the worst that could happen? This club doesn’t seem to actively chasing anyone so may as well give him a second chance

1 Like

Idk. Arsenal Pravda has been out in force. Even the toolbag at Le Grove says we’re going to make a lot of signings.

I just can’t see it. I know Edu’s job depends on it but this guy couldn’t manage to delegate registering Saliba for the league. I don’t trust him at all.

1 Like

NO WAY! Guendo is leaving this summer…end of discussion. He had his chance and he blew it! We are going to rebuild our midfield this summer.

Yes considering Arsenal make the wrong move on pretty much everything they do, I fully expect them to allow a budding star, who is better than most doods we’ve been linked with, to leave for cheap and be replaced by an inferior dood for 3 or 4 times the cost :+1::+1:

3 Likes

This will definitely happen.

This club is shocking

We will need to agree to disagree…However, I would counter and say that I think we are going to sell Guendo, Torreira, and Xhaka this summer…and I think we are going to sign two CM/DM to replace them to play alongside Partey. I can see Elneny being retained to provide squad rotation/substitute options.

I would also comment that bad players are only going to depreciate in value…they are not going to increase. Same principle in retail…you don’t see end of line sales where the retailer is making a big profit…they are cutting their loses and moving on. We need to do the same. Sell for as much as we can and reinvest in the squad. We can have a smaller squad next season, so we need to focus on quality rather than quantity.

The real Arsenal move is to loan him again for a nominal fee and then lose him for free.

2 Likes

It’s been reported that we have an option to renew his deal.

It was reported that we can trigger an extra year on his contract…just playing hard (relative I know) with Marseille to extract highest fee we can for Guendo…

Fabrizio also said Marseille were rushing to get this over the line before the German clubs went in for him.

Sounds like interest is racking up then. I assume the club is welcoming the competition for his services. Should increase the fee we get for him.

For a player of his age, experience and talent he should have several clubs interested in him so selling for anything less than 25m is ridiculous.

If we don’t get more than that, we should keep him.

3 Likes

If we extend his deal then I guess that we may get something closer to 20m rather than the 10m that apparently Marseille have been trying to get away with.

Marseille fucked this up. Sounds we’re taking a similar approach with Xhaka too. Wonder if Roma are forced to just pay what we want before others enter the race for Xhaka.

2 Likes

Under normal circumstances yes, but I think Covid will still have a big impact on the amount of money clubs spend during this transfer window. £15m would be a good deal for Guendo.

1 Like
3 Likes

Campos likes Guendouzi - everyone seems to love Campos eye for talent = Guendawg £140m gang vindicated.

9 Likes

Campos questions Guendouzi’s maturity - everyone seems to love Campos = Guendickhead £15m gang vindicated.

9 Likes

Mentality is an important part of making it in any sport though. Loads of very talented young players don’t make it at the highest level. Ricardo Quaresma was more talented than CR7 in the youth ranks.

2 Likes

Surprised nobody posted this earlier. Not surprised about the Dortmund interest. Guendo dominated their midfield last season when they played Hertha.

1 Like

Jesus if BVB buy him the £100m+ price tag might not even be a joke anymore

3 Likes

It was reported weeks ago by Fabrizio on his podcast that Marseille were trying to wrap this up before the German clubs jumped in. They fucked around too much and now they’ll have to pay up.
It definitely looks like the club is prepared to let this go to a bidding war. He’s probably coming back for preseason too.