Matteo Guendouzi (29)

Various sources reporting today that we are in talks with Lorient over the signing of France U20 midfielder Matteo Guendouzi, for a reported fee of £7m. The 19-year-old has previously been linked to other premier league clubs, including Spurs. Medical is rumoured to be tomorrow…

Sky Sports

Metro

Daily Mail

Daily Express

He’s in

Yup, great day

#THEMONDAYMORNINGMIDFIELDMADNESSSSS

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

that’s our midfield numbers complete then, definitely no N’Zonzi

Who? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/matteo-guendouzi-arsenal-transfer-deals-14880728

He’s the new Rabiot…

If Torreira can be moved to the players section, so can this guy!

He’ll be a youth player though, won’t he? We don’t have them in the Players section

Know absolutely nothing about this guy, has he played any top level football ?

He has in 16/17, but Lorient was relegated so he had to play his games in Ligue 2 for the past season.

Ornstein with some breaking news for once :smirk:.

I make that 5 signings this summer all wrapped up before the middle of July. Amazing work.

Have been after this guy since he played in Camembert FC. Wonderfull left foot and a silky dribble. Elite signing if you ask me.

No high profile signings though

Better looking than Adli imo, so it all worked out in the end. :ramsey:

From the video his play looks similar to Elneny’s. Maybe he’ll press on though.

Just like everyone else don’t know much about him but those videos that popped up around social media doesn’t look too great. No substance and only a whack load of hair.

I know incredible scenes. We can actually start the season fully prepared and not rushing around on transfer deadline day anymore haha

We’re steadying the ship this season on a fairly small budget so we were only going to sign either one “big signing” or a number of good players to bolster our squad. I prefer the latter option at the moment. Big signings need Champions League football to tempt them here so let’s get back to the top 4 and then alter our expectations accordingly.