Mat Ryan

He’s a pretty decent GK, with PL experience, who was the sort of player we should have gone for in the first place rather than getting a French pub league player.

Yet again, going cheap with Runnarsen has ended up costing us more.
We are the kings of false economy but at least we’ve actually seen sense with this signing.

2 Likes

I’m actually pretty hyped about this especially since Brighton are a bunch of shitters which hasn’t helped Ryan’s issues this season I’ll wager.

Looking forward to seeing him play!

2 Likes

I mean we had better options with Leno and Emi, but both those two are probably in the top 6 or 7 keepers in the EPL, so you can see why neither would be happy staying as a no 2.

I know nothing about him but really like that this news has just been plonked on us out of nowhere :laca2:

2 Likes

Potter wrote him off completely. From guaranteed starter to not even being included in the squad.
I still don’t get it.

1 Like

Pretty sure it happened with Chambers.

Anyone else triggered it’s Mat and not Matt?

13 Likes

I love that no one reported this at all. Been a while since we’ve had a shock signing out of nowhere.

Guendouzi too?

1 Like

Yeah just spell it Matt, Mat is a fucking idiotic way of spelling it.

1 Like

Nott reallyy.

9 Likes

Is he the first Australian to play for us? Struggling to think of any others.

Kosmina

But that was only 1 meagre appearance in the late 70s.

5 Likes

Yep pretty much, second post in his thread is Ornstein saying he was having his medical.

2 Likes

Pre new OA. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

#neverforget

2 Likes

This is a superb loan signing. Very dependable keeper and significantly better than the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen lol

9 Likes

Does this sound familiar @Aussiegooner ? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Very quiet signing. Private Ryan.

14 Likes

I’m delighted because he’s aussie and an Arsenal fan.

Never thought I’d see an Aussie play for us so I’m very excited, but it’s not just that I think he can do a very reliable job as a no 2 keeper and our former no 2 is just absolutely awful.

14 Likes