Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Odegaard is the truth. Kid is going to the very top

3 Likes

He does not need “the biggest” club, he just need the right club to play for.
I am not sure if Arsenal is the right club for him to be honest.

Seems like Arteta likes to generate our attack from both flanks.
Pepe, Saka, Tierney…
Ode is a central player IMO, it is a waste to put him out wide and he does not have that speed and stamina to shine there.
Is he a #10? His finishing is probably shitter than Ozil.
Is he a #8? I’d have Guen to play there with Partey.
Not sure if he really has a role confirmed since he arrived.

1 Like

What you’re describing is the Liverpool style of play which we don’t have the personnel for in terms of quality or even type of player. On top of that Arteta still doesn’t know what system he prefers.

I’d like Øde signed so that when Mikel gets sacked and we get a competent manager in he can be deployed where he performs to the best of his abilities.

2 Likes

Fabrizio saying this is still alive when addressing the Maddison rumours. Odegaard is still the priority for us, and Maddison is one of the alternatives.

Worth also noting that we’ve already started negotiating with the alternatives like Buendia(Villa beat us to him) and Maddison.

Nice knowing you Martin.

1 Like

Fine by me.

2 Likes

Smart choice brother.

Was predictable to me - just never seemed to gain enough steam/momentum to see him over the line to us… Just like Maddison.

FFS hard to get much excited about AFC right now… might as well just let it completely implode and go full on prospect/youth mode until we get proper manager.

Odegaard doesn’t move the chains enough IMO

He’s good to have when you already have the bonafide star creative hub in the team and he gets brought through in time, in the absence of the former he just isn’t enough to bridge that kind of gap, well, at least not at this point in his career.

Sadly don’t see the club bringing in what’s required so we’ll continue to flounder under this current regime of chuckle brothers Arteta and Edu.

Good luck to him at Real though, perhaps he finally gets his big chance there.

2 Likes

I agree if you got him at like 35 million or under you’d have a go but Real going to send that piggy to market.

Who would you like in the CAM position, how do you feel about Maddison.

1 Like

Yes!!!

Now Ode and Buendia are gone, what are you going to do, fucker Arteta and Edu?

Probably buy someone else lols

1 Like

hope they act fast enough and find some new targets

1 Like

Honestly man with this club it’s never really about acting fast enough, they either know from day one whether they’re going to buy someone or not. Was peak late Wenger era to string the press and fans along all summer with genuinely no intention to buy.

6 Likes

I like Maddison but not for £50mil plus, there are injury concerns and also sometimes the game passes him by rather then being at the heart of everything like Grealish for example. He does have a good ceiling though.

I can’t think of too many guys as there’s a dearth of that kind of talent that would be obtainable for us, in terms of known quantities anyways. We’ll probably settle on someone super exciting like Brandt or the like.

1 Like

Many Arsenal fans are going to be upset when Maddison doesn’t live up to the hype as a £60m+ signing

6 Likes

I can honestly see Arteta ditching the CAM stuff again and trying out what he did at the start of the season before. I see more madness on the horizon.

Hmm I’m quietly convinced that Maddison would be a real success here, his price will no doubt be inflated but I consider him to be a classy attacking midfielder.

2 Likes

Sell ESR

We’re going into the new season with ESR as our only CAM aren’t we :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

1 Like