Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Yeah was a great signing.

Sadly still won’t be enough to finish higher than 5th or 6th.

But I really do like watching him play.

Just has the feel of us developing talent for bigger teams to take off us in a season or two again. Not many midfielders out there now like him. Build the team around him and quick.

Not sure he would leave anytime soon though. I think he is finally settled at a club now and that’s been a big issue for him in the past.
Can see him staying for another 4-5 years here.

No come on. This is modern day football. By the end of next season being a regular player and important one means you reevaluate yourself and potential.
Depending were we are and possible suitors if your getting rave reviews dictate all that. Five years at a club is a long time these days.

Staying here until he’s 27/28? Big doubt.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s that type of player. I’ve been following him since he came to Madrid. By the end of it his confidence was shot . Not many friends made at Madrid, he was a bit of an introvert.
Strikes me as someone that will get comfortable here and stay a few years before deciding to look elsewhere.

I think out of our young players Saka is the likeliest one to go and then Martinelli.
ESR looks like a lifer to me. He just screams Reus. Great player on his day but will end up being often out with injuries.

1 Like

Didn’t work the maths out but yeah, that sounds about right. Can see him pulling an Eriksen then.

When he sees Haaland winning title after title wherever he is you don’t think he will want some of that?

I think it’s naive to believe he’ll be fine here fighting for top four at best every season, he’s here to build himself back up and if he fulfills his potential why would he settle?

1 Like

That’s a good point actually. He is close to Haaland that can influence him.

He’s was my favourite player in that Dortmund side, with Subotic and Hummels in defence and a great midfield with Gundagon, Mkhitayran, Bender and Aubameyang and Reus upfront.

I remember when Wenger was looking at him, he was exactly what we needed but was probably put off by his injury record.

1 Like

Is it too much???

We’re not allowed to say anything nice about Dortmund. It makes @Stroller upset. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Tinpot club btw.

3 Likes

They have won a league title more recently.

And I believe they have won one more Champions League than we have. :santi:

1 Like

So have Celtic but carry on digging.

2 Likes

Happy with this signing. Would be great if we don’t need to use him as CM, but further forward up the pitch.

4 Likes

Another game at #8. Think he had a tidy game till he went off. I wouldn’t have subbed him off.

3 Likes

Doesn’t get the recognition he deserves sometimes.

5 Likes

yeah had a controlling presence today; some of his passes in the final third deserved more.

Definitely see him as a leader; but he does need a star striker in front of him to finish the moves he curates.

2 Likes