Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Shame we were never linked with the guy himself 10 years ago ey….

Wenger where was the french magic ffs

1 Like

It’s funny because when you watch our goals against Norwich they were largely the product of genius from Odegaard and some brilliance from Saka. I don’t remember Laca doing anything particularly special during the game. I think he had one little flick on before one of the goals and scored a penalty but the way he’s being heralded by some you’d genuinely think his off the ball movement and work rate is so crazy and that his ability to bring others into play with intricate passes and flicks was something nobody else in world football could do except Firmino lol

1 Like

Also another thing is we’ve been creating chances for a while now, even before Laca came in Auba was missing chances that would have made games like Newcastle wins by a greater margin.

Like the days of our strikers not getting a sniff of the ball have been gone a while now. Hopefully forever lol

1 Like

Not a fan of Laca really, but I hate, hate, hate this sort of narrative… its like anyone who says “we are actually playing better with Laca than Auba” is saying he is the next coming of Messi.

GTFO with that crap lol.

We were tragically bad offensively for a long, long time… and now we are starting to actually play some decent attacking football… what explains it?

1. Several players finding form all together? check
  2. Quality of opposition and their state? check
  3. Laca coming into the side and facilitating better play from a bunch of guys? maybe, maybe not, but it cannot be just dismissed… I do agree that Auba just offers very, very little when not scoring Laca offers more.

That doesn’t change the fact that we have tragedy at striker atm given Auba apparently stopped playing football and we have Eddie and young Balogun behind.

Can we just agree that Laca is doing well for us right now and at least a small part of why we are playing better attacking-wise and enjoy it without making everything so f*ing ridiculously polar?

6 Likes

You having a laugh here. Seems to me every fucking post about wanting better than Laca is being met by MR. Better fucking fan.

3 Likes

Well how about we all just let it go then and enjoy us doing well, while all acknowledging we need a striker in the summer.

Ideally we’d get someone in Jan but it’ll be a loan or backup at best I reckon.

Clubs doing well there’s no need for all the crap because our striker isn’t so popular on here. I like the guy (no shit) but the arguments are tiring and unnecessary.

3 Likes

Okay with me.

2 Likes

Honestly, I haven’t noticed that, but I don’t actually think there is a disagreement from ANYONE that we need better strikers, period.

Laca has sunk to Xhaka levels practically, at an odd time… even I (the #1 hater of Xhaka) has been relatively quiet about him recently b/c he hasn’t been horrible and we are playing well. Can we just enjoy the fact that we actually have, you know, offensively competent football? It has been so f*ing long (probably Emery had a run there).

Anyway, I honestly could care less about this discussion… Laca is here, playing decently, and is probably the best we’ll have until the summer… much like I have sort of resigned myself that as much as I hate Xhaka (and i f*ing can’t stand him as a player), he is probably in our best squad most of the damn time (and that is the ultimate tragedy).

Thought he was superb again today. Even his position on the Saka goal.
Horrible he lost his place on the indiscipline of Gabriel.
Shouldn’t of been him sacrificed. He could of still played a controlling role

5 Likes

I would have done a city, taken off Lacazette and played without a 9

2 Likes

Has to be Martin.

Two players nominated? What a novelty.

I’ve gone Odegaard, but our fans will probably split the vote, and Mount will nick it.

1 Like

Odegaard always had the talent. We all saw it when he was like 3.

Think we did well here. Real Madrid didn’t use him right. His value could have been a lot higher if they did.

1 Like

Well , I didn’t see anything spectacular from Odegaard yesterday.
If he is as good as the media make him out to be then Odegaard needs to start showing it .

I thought he was the one player that had a decent game yesterday. Kept trying to do things but with an ineffective Eddie, a disinterested Saka around him, he just couldn’t make an impact.

1 Like

With a seven day quarantine I don’t see how he can play Sunday. We badly need Smith-Rowe back in the side if that’s the case.

If we were full strength I’d have fancied us vs Spurs, but we have no Partey and we are ESR not returning away from Eddie at CF and Lacazette as a 10.

Season going pear shaped.

1 Like

He better start taking lateral flow tests and distributing them among his teammates

1 Like