Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

He’s been at the club 4 months and has been injured for like 6 weeks of that

Tbf, that makes his case worse given his knee problems too.

Genuinely can’t believe what I’m seeing here.

No wonder we are down bad as a club.

If you think Buendia is doing anything in this squad, trying to play in false 9 ESR under Arteta, then by all means.

Ødegaard is miles ahead.

Not very good today. Missing the final ball.
Xhaka will be starting at LB as Tierney is still out.
Reckon he starts at #10 against Villareal but I would have hoped he was gonna fill in for Ceballos with ESR at #10 instead.

This guy is not a €60m player. I’m totally in favour of paying half that and securing Buendia than giving Real Madrid that kind of sum for Odegaard.

I’d want a loan with an option to buy and give him a full season here to assess his quality.

3 Likes

He’s a good young talent but you can see the difference between him and real don playmakers at that age. Perhaps he can get there but people need to chill.

At his age Ozil was dissecting teams with surgical precision in the 2010 World Cup, there’s levels to this.

4 Likes

There’s nobody that good at this age, foden aside maybe.

I can’t think of one player that excites me in the way Ozil did then.

Ødegaard is the closest we have to that foden level CM talent.

Footballers in general are so shite these days.

1 Like

I initially didn’t want the second season loan after the disaster class that was Ceballos’ act 2 but it’s starting to feel like the only realistic option worth pursuing with Odegaard. Jury’s still out but I don’t think he’s got the talent to succeed.

1 Like

It’s an issue for sure. It’s not a good time for struggling in world football. Bars low on quality solutions.

Foden is truly special, there’s no hype there he’s the genuine article.

Even if we did have a Foden-esque talent they’d likely be gone within a year or two, sad shit.

2 Likes

U watch more football than me.

Is there anyone apart from him?

TAA I don’t consider - not a patch on Dani Alves.

1 Like

I like TAA, I would consider him generational as far as his attacking prowess, just needs to get a bit of defensive nous or his future probably lies in midfield.

As far as midfielders go Camavinga, Bellingham, Reyna and Gravenberch spring to mind, have immense talent. Curious to see how they all fair in the next few years.

I like the look of Patino for us, hope he can make it.

Odegaard is going to be good. It would be stupid not too take advantage of that. He might not become as great as Ozil, but in that case we’re talking about someone who was arguably the best on that position in one point in time.

3 Likes

Oh yes Bellingham. Okay I got those 2.

The others aren’t on that level yet and I don’t think have shown anything substantially more than what Ødegaard showed at Sociedad for example.

@Electrifying if Foden and Alexander-Arnold get a shout you can’t forget, age-wise, Haaland. I know some don’t like his actual style, but his feel for the goal etc. Can’t teach that.

2 Likes

We were talking midfielders

Haaland and Mbappe are defaults and the best of this new generation.

This is the thing, does the number 10 position and space exist to make it work in the modern game? There seems to be less creativity from midfields in general. Is harder to play through the middle today?

Every player that comes to our team just isn’t good enough no matter who they are. Stat monsters like Ceballos, Partey a highly rated player who dominated in the CL the year before (not impressive stat wise at all) and Ødrgaard a youngster with tons of potential. They all come to Arsenal to lose value and look shit. Wonder what thing they all have in common?? :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Ay-Ay-ron is tripping balls.

Futbol connoisseurs recognise the elites from a very young age, and Martin has it all.

Respect Strømsgodset Toppfotball-End.

4 Likes

That’s because Ozil was one in a million. We were blessed to have him. There aren’t playmakers like him anymore. Ode could grow into one, I think he’s worth a punt.

2 Likes