Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Yeah, and we beat him afterwards in the league cup.
He doesn’t like playing against us at all and has called out our approach in our games multiple times.

Ødegaard hardly touched the football tonight. I like him for the future but we need him to be developed by a proper manager.

Just admit you forgot about the 3-1 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

Oh well, I can’t really prove that I didn’t but I’ll accept the L because you reminded of this very fitting meme I was sent a while ago. :rofl:
take_the_l

2 Likes

When you say a while ago, based on the meme format, do you mean 2008?

2 Likes

Got it some weeks ago over a debate I had with a relative.
But you’re right, that meme format brings me back a decade.

I can see him playing elsewhere next season .
I can’t see wanting to play for The Arsenal, what can we offer him ?

Complete job security and literally zero expectations to perform?

8 Likes

It’s called the Özil package.

6 Likes

Odegaard right now needs us as much as we need him.
I didn’t see clubs lining up for him in January. The most serious interest was from his former club Sociedad and us who were desperate for any playmaker to come in.

Who else is gonna buy him in the summer?
City don’t need another midfielder like him. Liverpool have already spent quite a lot on their defence, United have Bruno and Donny, Chelsea don’t need another midfielder so it’s only down to Spurs.
I don’t think Spurs will be looking for a midfielder like him. I think Sabitzer is the one for them.

From the rest of the world, Bayern and Juve may take a punt on him with some loan with obligation to buy type of deal but Madrid will probably need cash ASAP to invest. Realistically, only 2 clubs outside of England may have the funds to get him. Dortmund(after selling Haaland/Sancho) and Leipzig(after selling Upa, Konate, Sabitzer, etc.)

He will go to a more ambitious club .

1 Like

That’s all a bit simplistic though. Arsenal or Tottenham are not his only suitors.

I’ve put 2 factors in.
Clubs that may want him and can actually afford him.
Drop in any other club you think might be interested. I really can’t think of more than 2 or 3 clubs that may have a go at him.

Could have been a different story if the clubs weren’t still recovering from the pandemic. I could have seen more clubs taking a punt of him.

Btw, I think the likeliest scenario is that he stays Madrid.

So we’re indeed going for the Ceballos route.

Tragic if that deal actually goes through
More lack of ambition.

If they can pull it off it will be brilliant business actually. It allows us to spend money elsewhere this summer and we get a bigger sample size from Odegaard before we commit.

I think if we can get him back on loan, that would be the best.

1 Like

I really hope his injury is actually ankle related and not his jumper’s knee acting up again.

Truthfully I understand these types of two year loans but I honestly kind of hate them. The only plus side is another year off his contract perhaps lowers his value but I have no idea what type of lengthy deal he could be under with Real.

His contact expires in 2023.