Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

I think we don’t do a good enough job finding him in pockets of space. Partey will help in this regard but Bellerin is often the culprit. So often he’d rather dribble it out himself than pass to a man in space.

I don’t know whether Odegaard is still feeling his way with us but I wish he would be a bit more aggressive in the final third. He does a lot of getting on the ball and then looking for the slide rule pass or switch of play, which is good. But if he could pair that more often with dribbling at men or passing to feet and charging into the box looking for 1-2s, etc then I think he’d be a lot more dangerous.

2 Likes

I liked his game a lot.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see if Real Madrid back Zidane, or Ødegaard, and some of the others they have on loan.

3 Likes

That’s a very apt description of him tbh. He’s like a more advanced Jorginho. Rarely loses the ball, keeps shit moving but there’s not much adventure to his play.

Very tidy but just a bit uninspiring. He does have that vision and final pass in his locker just want to see a bit more considering how much of the ball he gets

2 Likes

Arteta is probably doing his utmost to coach that final through ball pass out of him.

We only pass it out to the fullbacks so they can smash it into the first defender, thank you

4 Likes

I’m look at this short clip what I’m seeing is how static we are. No movement in midfield, just waiting for the ball to come to them rather than moving into space, no runners off the ball or to the ball. No wonder we always pass backwards so much

5 Likes

Very slick pre-assist, goal doesn’t happen without him

10 Likes

Did he also win the ball when it spilled away from Lacazette? Couldn’t tell if that was him.

He made 1 bad mistake with that misplaced back pass but all in all I really liked his game.

I’ve seen enough in him that I’d like to make it a permanent deal if it is anyway possible at a reasonable price.

8 Likes

Re. Finance. The. Stadium.

2 Likes

No clue how Arteta yelled out the instructions that quickly for Ødegaard to make that pass, amazing instruction from the sideline there :clap::clap::clap::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

That was Xhaka.

1 Like

Same here. Not enough to break the bank but enough to pay sizeable amount

1 Like

Seriously underrated that touch. Was instinctive and class that dink. He also showed some great feet in spells. Looks a very good player so far.

10 Likes

Definitely good today. Best we’ve seen yet from him. Hopefully the sign of things to come.

1 Like

To Iheanacho, right?

What a pile of shit that was :joy:

2 Likes

Very impressed to have him come in somewhat cold and still impact the match.

1 Like

That was my favourite Ødegaard game so far. Lots of ozil esque passes.

Not seeing enough for investment right now. Arteta not prepared to get the shackles off the midfield and promote creativity over pragmatism not helping us see what he has really got.

6 Likes

100% this.

2 Likes

He’s probably thinking wtf am I doing here too tbf

3 Likes