Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Still better than Buendia.

Buendia stays on your mind huh.

Funny.

3 Likes

That’s because a lot of Arsenal fans are cunts. Not you guys, though… you’re awesome.

1 Like

Tbf, he was the second best player in La Liga last season after Messi, or at least someone in here claimed so.
Right @Electrifying?

1 Like

He wasn’t even the best player on his own team haha.

I don’t dislike the kid he has talent and some obvious quality, however, I’m not about to crown him or advocate giving him the keys when he’s barely played for us.

1 Like

That’s where I sit as well. I don’t mind him at all. I think he is a great talent but far from the world beater some think he is.

I like you too

1 Like

I didn’t stutter.

And if arsenal fans complain about Auba, then god knows what they’d say about Isak last season.

Fucking hell lads, I get it we were shit the other day

But we played the best team in the league.

3 Likes

I would definitely be paying whatever we could afford to buy him if that means anything.

1 Like

GASSED brudda

That is if he does well right? I would prefer a bigger sample size personally.
He had an impressive first half of the season with Sociedad last season and then dropped off considerably in the second.
I wouldn’t mind extending the loan deal and include an option to buy for £40-50m.

If Zidane stays in Madrid, I think we will have a lot of leverage and need to bargain hard. They will need money to fund purchases in other areas, the player won’t want to go back there, and their manager won’t want the player anyway. And it will still be a depressed market with lower prices than pre-Covid.

In the end, he is a talented young player but you have to make sure that you’re not paying for the hype, just the true ability and potential. I would offer them 30 or 35m.

Did you miss the part about him being the youngest ever goalscorer in the Norwegian league, and being wanted by all top clubs when he was just 15?

This is him when he was 16 (soon to be 17)

I think he’ll thrive no matter what. I’m not saying he’s a world beater right now but you can almost already see he is a great fit and has the potential to become better than what he is right now.

It will be a massive coup to make this a permanent deal.

No, I didn’t miss that.

He had some big early hype but let’s be honest until the Sociedad loan he was in danger of being lost in the shuffle, it was a good loan but I still need to see what he’s got right here and now in the PL. I’m not trading off of what clubs thought about him circa six years ago.

If I would say what he did and how he played in the Eredivisie, other than La Liga, the reply would be; that is only the Eredivisie. Doesn’t count. So yeah. I choose to wait. Time will prove, Odegaard > Buendia.

I have no idea why you keep on bringing up Bunedia it’s honestly lame AF.

3 Likes

Of course it is. But time will tell, Odegaard > Buendia.

2 Likes

Good for you, channeling your inner AC there.

1 Like

Saka > Odegaard > Buendia