Marquinhos

Summer transfers now complete :handshake:

2 Likes

we are no longer under wenger :henry2:

Glad this guys going out on loan, as it removes any chance now that Arteta and co may just one day decide this guy is a Laca replacement rather than getting a striker whos already ready to start scoring some goals.

Is that confirmed?

Seems itā€™s just inductive reasoning at this point now that Iā€™ve gone through the twitter postsā€™ comments. My bad. Though itā€™s highly likely heā€™ll most probably go out on loan, it seems nothing has been said by the club about it yet.

Nope. No one has said it at all

There were reports s while back theyā€™re going to have a look at him in pre season before deciding if heā€™ll go out on loan or not. I dunno what that means but truth be told with the fodder that is the EL group stage i wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him stay. Training with our Brazilian contingent and getting a few minutes off the bench might not be the worst thing for him this season.

1 Like

Quite possible, but Edu stating heā€™s one for the future does sound like he might not play a part this season.

Could stay until at least January?

1 Like

I certainly donā€™t think heā€™ll play a significant part even if he does stay, I reckon it would maybe be a case of getting him acclimatized. Maybe a slight eye on the 5 sub rule if he looks mature enough in training.

Rub salt in the wound and loan Marqi Marq to FC Grasshoppers.

How do u think the transfer window is going to shape up? Considering ur optimism you must think we are gonna get a lot of big signings?

2 Likes

Hi guys, hope youā€™re all doing well. As someone whoā€™s been keeping an eye on Marquinhos for the last year or so, I wanted to provide some insight into the fella for those of you who might be interested in finding out what heā€™s all about. The kids a great talent and the sky is very much the limit if heā€™s managed in the right way. Iā€™d love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have in mind. Cheers and congratulations on landing him!

5 Likes

Welcome.

Would you have Marquinhos ahead of where Martinelli was in his development when we signed him?

To be fair, last summer every pundit was saying we spent Ā£150 on a ā€˜Bā€™ Teamā€¦not many saying that now! Letā€™s see what we do first over the course of the summer before we pass judgement.

I think it will be Jesus as our marquee signing and Nketiah as cover for the striker position.
Then possibly Tielemans in midfield and a LB.
Apart from some cheap squad filers that will be it, with a net spend of around 80m

It will be adequate but our rivals could have equivalent or better windows which will make it difficult for us to get a top four place.

2 Likes

As of now yeah it looks like this. Things start moving at the end of the window tho we could get some surprises.

1 Like

Yes there are circumstances and Ā£3m isnā€™t a lot but I canā€™t help but laugh at how ā€œArsenal 2022ā€ it is that we paid a fee for him even though he couldā€™ve signed for free as his contract expired this summer :grin: haha

Isnā€™t a fee always paid with players under 23? Iā€™m not privy to the full details but maybe it was some sort of agreement to avoid going to the tribunal etc to determine the fee as he is under 23.

2 Likes

This, when the owning club has made an offer to extend, there is always a fee payable, but dont let this spoil the narrative