Manchester United v Arsenal, 2nd December, 20.00

At least we don’t have Almunia in goals.

1 Like

Nice, Man Utd are resting Ronaldo ahead of our game. :upside_down_face:

1 Like
3 Likes

We’re beating them if they’re playing with Carrick in the dugout

1 Like

Brexit finally pays off.

8 Likes

Tbf, I think Rangnick taking over on Tuesday or Wednesday would have improved things for us considering he isn’t gonna have too much time to train with the team.

Brexit means brexit

We’ll deserve to win but get undone by some dodgy pen. Edgy affair I reckon. 1-1.

A draw would be great because it keeps us above them but I’d absolutely love to go there and take the win, couldn’t care less if they have a million shots and we score from an own goal I’d just love us to twist the knife a little with these pricks

3 Likes

I’d be happy to leave OT on Thursday night with our 5 point buffer over them intact.

3 Likes

Despite Man U being ‘reportedly’ poor this is a very difficult game . Every Arsenal player will need to be on their game . If we can play with speed , aggression and make every pass count then we can come away with all three points . Our defence will need to watch out for the cheating that is well associated with the Mancs .
A draw will be a good point but a win will see a very confident team heading into the Christmas fixtures .
COYG

3 Likes

Hopefully Saka is fine. Him and ESR will cause them problems.

We’ve a good record against United but the games are usually terrible to watch. 1-1

Hopefully they let us kick off at 8pm @DavidHillier, 15 minutes before United.

1 Like

Auba still wouldn’t score

2 Likes

I was actually going to rage about the importance of getting the time right in the thread because some of us lunatics use the match day thread for such critical information and would miss 15 minutes.

Then I realized it was 15 minutes early, that’s just good away day conduct by Dave, get in the seats early, let them know we’re here. Typical away day warrior stuff that, love it.

4 Likes

Big Ally is on co comms for this. Superb!

1 Like

I’ll be happy with a point but we really need to play to win. They’ll get their shit together eventually under Rangnick and if we have a chance to curbstomp them when they’re still a bit down and open an 8 point lead then we need to put the boot down.

I also actually really like the match up. This iteration of our team has struggled most against teams with an aggressive and coordinated press (Brighton, Palace, Liverpool). United is the opposite of that and Rangnick isn’t going to change it overnight. They’re still talented and we’ll have to be very good not to get done on the counter but I think we can boss this match.

2 Likes

Gotta say I’m a bit surprised the Chavs didn’t hammer them. They haven’t finally found something, have they, and are just waiting to pounce on us? Be just our fucking luck.

2 Likes

Found what? They played like a Fleetwood Town FC in the FA Cup against a top team. Rode their luck big time.

1 Like

So will Ralf Twatnick be in charge for thursday ? Either way we should smash these feckers.

1 Like