Manchester United

Remember when that idiot Neville defended the Ralfie appointment saying he was there to lay the foundation, filter out the dressing room and all that crap?
Guy is a talking disaster, chats nothing but shit.

If the story is true it reflects really poorly on Ten Hag IMO.

Rangnick was a crap choice as temporary manager but the guy is an experienced football executive who has long been involved in scouting and club building and is still held in high regard by many people in the game. He certainly has more of a clue than John Murtaugh or whoever is now the DoF at United. To completely blow off Rangnick’s input on the state of the squad, not even granting him a face to face meeting, is really stupid. Even if Ten Hag didn’t want him involved going forward, the smart move is still to pick his brain and get his perspective on what is happening with the club, what individuals are like, etc. I just don’t understand the idea of dismissing all that information.

1 Like

This the guy that broke the Fabio Vieira news.
Confirms the rumours that Ronaldo isn’t happy with how Man Utd are moving in the window.

Not sure why he cares. Just treat Man Utd like Bale treated Spurs, keep fit for the the upcoming national team tourney, lol.

Poison Chalice FC just keep on releasing the hits

2 Likes

Erik the bookie’s favourite to get sacked already? :rofl:
Usually new managers bring a breath of fresh air, their fans are in disarray, the drama started and the guy hasn’t even managed a game for them.

1 Like

Erik is way out of his depth at Man Utd.

They’ll sign some good players this window still, but his tenure won’t be a success.

2 Likes

He feels with this squad currently they haven’t got a chance of winning the Premier League title

Really smart guy this Ronaldo fella. He just sees things that nobody else can.

10 Likes

LOL friggin heck talking about winning the title, dont give me that you went to Manu to win things. They have many years to go before they are good enough to win anything major they are in a terrible state. Sorry if you think you can go from 8th to a title winning team in one transfer window you are dumb.

8th?

exaggeration but in reality their points tally in most season that would be an 8th place position. They were waaaay down the table and to think they can make that jump is just insanity

1 Like

I’ve said it before, but a couple of losses early on and those fans will be all over ETH. I wonder if he knows what he’s getting into in that shithole.

I think getting shot of Rangnick was good idea from Ten Haag tbf.

He wasn’t going to have a major role and I don’t think you need some guy on the side telling you shit you want to figure out yourself. Also Rangnick’s underperformance has to be questioned, he was proper shite. Credibility matters.

2 Likes

Sure, get shot of him. But to do it without even meeting with him and getting his perspective on the squad and club?

Bad decision if you ask me and suggests that Ten Hag might be the type of egotistical guy who believes too strongly in himself and himself alone. Good managers (not just in football, but other areas as well) welcome input from other qualified people.

2 Likes

Rangnick isn’t part of Ten Haag’s staff. How many coaches seek advice of their predecessor in this way? I doubt many (If any?) Even if that place is toxic (Which it is) I don’t think going in there with a tainted mind is the best approach.

3 Likes

I think it makes sense if you take over midway through the season, but yeah, he’s starting fresh and will have preseason to see evaluate the state of things himself.
We did that with Freddie, Arteta kept him around till the season finished and then we parted ways.

Rangnick wasn’t an ordinary appointment. The whole behind his appointment was that he was somebody who had a broad view of footballing operations and was supposed to give the club management and next manager a useful perspective on the state of the squad and club.

For Ten Hag to decide not to take 3-4 hours to actually get that perspective is flat out stupid. If he is confident in what he is doing, he shouldn’t be afraid of having a “tainted mind.” You seek out information from qualified people, process that information, and make decisions. Its like somebody buying a struggling business and then intentionally avoiding talking to the most qualified employee about why the business was struggling.

1 Like

This is why alot of coaches from the Ajax school fail at big clubs.

1 Like

Ten Hag is the wrong sort of manager for a massive club in turmoil.
But exactly the right sort of manager if you hate Man U.

He might not be the first to get sacked in the PL next season but I doubt he’s going to be a fan favourite with most Man supporters.

He’s never had to deal with the pressures of managing a top European club, with the massive egos of elite players and I’d be surprised if he gets a top four place.

2 Likes

Spot on, we should be very thankful the timeline worked out in United not getting Conte.

Likes of GNev can bitch about the style but it would not take him long to get them competitive with the huge resources of the club

1 Like

I don’t know, LvG, Mourinho, OGS got plenty of time and support. Worth mentioning they all had a upswing before it fell apart, Ten Haag would have to be pretty shit for it to collapse out the gates.

I wish someone would press him on his ‘United way’ malarkey. Is it attacking football? Because that wasn’t his mate OGS’s style of football at all.

2 Likes