Manchester United

They can’t buy good press rn. It’s pretty satisfying.

2 Likes

And then you have the likes of Palace offering to help pay for travel for Hartlepool fans.

1 Like

I can recall before the price capping of away games that Manchester United and Birmingham City were two of the most expensive away games to get to outside London.

It’s stupid.

:sweat_smile:

The guy works for 90min, lol.

I don’t care. Just laugh.

1 Like

Things are serious Phoebica. Man Utd are a mess, it’s not funny.

4 Likes

Correct. It’s hilarious!

9 Likes

Hardly anything in life brings me as much satisfaction as watching United implode

13 Likes

Maguire stands alongside Kepa as the worst signing in football history.

Where’s that tweet that said some bullshit like “score if you can”.

Now apparently they want to sell 3 of that back 4 :arteta:

Wan Bissaka has to be the most basic bitch footballer that has cost £50m or more. He has zero attacking imagination, zero skill, zero technique, zero threat tbh.

Astonishing they spent so much on a player who is essentially the black Gary Neville.

8 Likes

Gary Neville was a really good right back though, this feels very very generous towards Wan Bissaka.

1 Like

Nah

You are notoriously bad for being able to separate your hatred for a player or team from how highly you rate them lol. Could this be one of those instances?

Ferguson had very high standards, imo you don’t get to be a mainstay in several of his very successful sides for like 15 years unless you’re very good at your job.

1 Like

And Gary Neville was well known for being a shit right back :man_shrugging:

In fact, I’d go so far as to say that in his entire playing career for Manchester United, Arsenal always had a better right back (hmm, maybe not Justin Hoyte)

Neville wasn’t well known for being a shit right back.

He was well known for being dependable and reliable for a very successful Manchester United team.

I agree with the latter part - except for Ebour.

Well I guess it comes down to agreeing to disagree, because I don’t think he was known as being a shit right back at all. I don’t see how you get to start for a ruthless manager like Ferguson, in several different great teams that he put together, for over a decade, while being shit at your job.

It’s quite easy for an average to shit player to be part of a winning side. Arsenal themselves have done that with players.

He did play John O’Shea a lot man.

Right, so is it average or shit? Cos you said shit initially, and they’re quite different assessments.

If you can name any shit players who were consistent starters for one of the best clubs in the world for like 15 years while winning everything under under sun, then I’d be interested to hear about them. Cos I don’t think its possible for a shit player to do that.